How did your first contractions feel?

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

With DS I was induced and from the first contraction it all happened a bit quick so I can't remember much about it.

For those of u who had a natural labour, what were ur first signs and how did the first contractions feel?

Woke up today with a few tummy cramps that are coming and going xx

Just like that at first with Jack. Mild period type pains.

Harry was induced and shot out too :)

Good luck if this is it xxx

Thanks Claire!

I reaaallly want a natural labour but I'm not sure if I'm just willing her on and it's psychological. The pains are deffo there, not lasting long and between 15/20 mins apart. The problem I have is a bowel problem (tmi) and it could just be cramps from that?! Deffo feels more 'periody' tho and also tummy going hard?!!

Ppppplllleeeaaassseee let this be it :pray: xxx

They started off period pain-esque for me as well.

They were bearable to begin with, but I'd say within a few hours they'd stop me doing what I was doing and I'd have to breathe through them and within 12 hours I was literally crying with each one and all I could do was be on all fours.

I was in early labour at home for 36h though and never got below every 6 minutes

xxxxx

They started off period pain-esque for me as well.

They were bearable to begin with, but I'd say within a few hours they'd stop me doing what I was doing and I'd have to breathe through them and within 12 hours I was literally crying with each one and all I could do was be on all fours.

I was in early labour at home for 36h though and never got below every 6 minutes

xxxxx

Thanks Nat, were they regular from the offset? X

I had back labour and mine felt like a bad back with an urge to poo, i was induced but it didnt work so guess that classes as natural?
Xxx

Period like pains and then shooting pain in my lower back within a few hours I was only able to find relief by squatting and bouncing! X

I so bet you have baby soon!!!

I had a bloody show about 5pm, went out for a few hours (to a fireworks display) and had them off and on. Started timing them from 10pm that night and yep they were regular. Every 20 minutes, then down to every 15, every 10. I logged each and every contraction as I was fine between them but in themselves they were so bloody painful I'd be feeling fine but then literally have wave of agony and be fine again. I couldn't sleep through them!

Eeeeep, really hope this is it for you Pos

xxx

Last edited:
I felt a tightening, a few minutes later I felt another a few minutes more I felt another. .. That's when I knew they had started. They just felt like mild period cramps to begin with and grew in intensity as the day went on. They also changed from my front to my back and so forth aa well.
Really hope labour has started for you hun x

Thanks very much girls! It's all stopped now :( just the odd tightening!

Back into hospital today anyway for observations and no doubt hours of waiting for them to decide whether to induce! :(

Why are they discussing induction with you hun?

xxxx

Last edited:
My waters broke and pretty much straight after I was getting contractions, like mild period pains.I was running round the house hoovering making sure it was tidy so I think that helped a lot, ten then got more painful and I started to time them had a really good app on my phone.
People say "your know" when it's happening and I really did.
X

Why are they discussing induction with you hun?

xxxx

My bowel disease had flared up and they want to medicate me ASAP but not with baby inside. I'm booked for induction Monday. Had mw appt yesterday and bp went high so was sent to labour ward for the day while they messed about on a decision whether to induce me yesterday. Sent me home and told me to come back today!

Ok so the mild period pains have been back for a good half hour. :yay:

X

My waters broke and pretty much straight after I was getting contractions, like mild period pains.I was running round the house hoovering making sure it was tidy so I think that helped a lot, ten then got more painful and I started to time them had a really good app on my phone.
People say "your know" when it's happening and I really did.
X

I'm deffo not at the 'you'll know'part yet - more mild cramps!

To add to my woes OH has spent the whole night throwing up so obviously has a bug so if it does happen on next 12 hours he's gonna most likely miss it!

My mums my other potential birthing partner but she passed out and was taken to a&e when I had Will - great! X

This all sounds very promising. When mine started I woke up with back ache and mild period pains. I was convinced it was nothing cos it was my due date and mw said I was unlikely to be on time. They got closer together and then a few hours later I felt like I needed a bowel movement. Went to the loo and was straining and managed to push an enormous clot of blood out my foof (sorry major tmi there). Then the pains got soo strong and I had to ring OH to come home from work. Rang the hospital who said not to come in as it was my first and unlikely to be labour. decided to go anyway and waters broke in the van on the way to the hospital. Was examined on arrival and found to be 8cm.

Good luck, really hope this is it for you and that you beat your induction x

Sounds like somethings definitely happening :yay: with K I started getting cramps but thought at first it was cos we'd just dtd, but they never stopped! With E I bought I was having BH cos I was wanderig round tesco and use to always get them when walking around! fingers crossed this is it, although kinda hoping it stops til your OHs better xxx

My 1st sign wasn't even the pain, I woke up at 6am thinking i had wet the bed :S Then all day was having a trickling. Then i had very strong period pains by around 10pm these became more frequent and a little stronger (But bearable) right up till birth at 6am the next morning. I live opposite the hospital so walked over at about 3am. xx

Well Quelle surprise - Pos' labour thread has just popped up in tri 3 :lol:

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back