How did you know you were in labour?

Discussion in 'Labour & Birth' started by love87, May 22, 2016.

1. love87

love87 Well-Known Member

With my DD my membranes ruptured before anything else happened. Pain started a couple of hours later and it all went from there. How did you know you were in labour? I think I have had a couple of false starts but they amounted to nothing. Also when do I go to the hospital? With my first I had to go straight in as my waters were gone. I feel so stupid as I have done it all before but I really want to be prepared as I don't want DD seeing me in pain before I can get her to the babysitter.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

2. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

I didn't think my contractions were contractions (even though apparently "you'll know one when you feel one" is what I was told when I asked the same question!). I called the hospital when they were regular - they told me to go in to get checked. I went in a couple of hours later when they were getting pretty painful. I'd had mucus/plug loss the day before. My waters went just before pushing stage so the only indicator was contractions which started quickly and regulated quickly

#2 kittykitchn, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016