How did you choose?

snowbee

Reaction score
Did you know as soon as you heard the name that it was the one? Were they named after someone or something special? Did your oh choose a name you weren't that keen on but it grew on you?

Just interested in hearing how people chose their names. We have tried writing a short list but so far it is really short, ie nothing! We have a massive list of names we don't like and names we can't use (as I don't want to name after family)...

We have no names picked out at all!

For a girl, we have a possible favourite, but it's not set in stone, and will depend on many things. But I'm finding girls names a lot easier than boys names. There's always another beautiful girls name out there.

For boys we have nothing. A very vague short list of 'a couple of names we don't hate'.

There are some boys names I LOVE, but either we know a recent one or have a family member with the same name.

I really do think that whatever their name should be will come to you once they're here. Or at least that's what I'm hoping!!

Good luck with the name search. ONS recently published registered names stats of 2015 if that's any help to you X

I always go on what it can be shortened to, suit a baby and an adult, can't be twisted into a mean nickname, what suits the surname and what goes with the other girls names.. I've never looked at my girls and thought 'that's your name'.. I've had names chosen before birth and when I didn't with Lilyanna she was nameless for 11 days

If this squiggle is a boy we are going to use a white board write down the boys names we hear or see or read that we don't hate write down the meaning next to it and if md hubby or son hate it it gers crossed off.

Hopefully that will shorten it down to a few.

If not we will put names in a hat. Draw two. Pick the one we prefer out the two bin the rejected one save the chosen one until bag is empty. Put chosen ones back in bag and repeat until we have our name lol.

If it's a girl... name is already chosen lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back