how did ur first LO react??

mummygeorgie

Reaction score
Hi all, well i dont know why but its only just hit me that my LO isnt going to be an only child very soon and its gave me this horrible feeling.. We've kept her as involved as we can throughout the pregnancy, she came to the scans and is delighted that she is going to be a big sister but what if it all changes when Grace is actually here? What if she feels left out? I already feel bad that i havent been able to do alot of things because iv bin so tired etc.. My LO is 4 and in school half days, so far everyones been good as they've bought milly something aswel as the bubs, im just terrified that im gonna make her feel left out without meaning to. Is this bad? Or normal? I could ramble on for hours but i wont :lol: just wondering anyone else felt/feeling like this? How dis ur first react when u had ur second? Any advice is welcome :) xx

hey hun,

I was induced with my 2nd little one and a few nights before I had a complete meltdown, I was absolutely heartbroken for my first boy. Me and his dad split up when he was 8 months old and other than the 6 months when this babies dad was on the scene, he'd had me pretty much to himself. Like I said, I was heartbroken that he was going to have to share me through no faullt of his own :(

But...I had absolutely nothing to worry about.. I still find the time for him when LO is sleeping and keep him involved as much as possible!! The novelty still hasnt worn off and Stanley is 7 weeks old!!

One bit of advice I was given which really helped...is ask everyone who comes to see the baby to ask the big sister if shes minds them saying hello to her little sister :) I found that worked really well, although alfie started tog et protective and told a few people no lol. But it gives them a sense of importance that they really love :) (Alfie is nearly so roughly the same age)

It'll be fine hun...but I know exactly how you feel xx

I know im worrying about nothing but it just hit me in one big go! Thats a good tip i'll definately be using that :) Milly's been brilliant so far, already protective of my bump, gives Grace a kiss and cuddle and talks to her (through my belly button) and has started the daily quiz as to when is she gonna squeeze out. Im hopong by leting her help get bottles, nappies etc that will keep her happy. She's came to most my MW appointments and keeps saying 'when Grace is here she can have this teddy and i'll show her how to do this' :) infact just thinking about the way she is now is making me calm down haha.
Thank you!! Just hope she doesnt decide she wants a little brother instead :lol: x

Aww see Alfie was like that too so hopefully you wont have any problems..

It was quite sweet when Stanley was 3 day old, Alfie turned round and said 'Whens Stanley going home?' lol I thought I was goiong to have problems then lol but it was fiine.

Just pray togod she doesnt ask how Grace comes out because I could not think of the words to explain that one hahaha xx

Oh iv already had that on our way back from school one day, all the other parents thought it was hillarious! Luckily she's seen things on tele so i just said its like squeezing a big pooh out wich she seems to be ok with, at first i said they came out the bellybutton but she was having none of that. Too old headed :lol:
Aww that made me giggle, kids come out with the funniest and strangest things <3 xx

Do you know it's funny cos it doesn't matter how old your first is you still worry about this! My DD is nearly 15 and been an only child all that time I did worry a bit as I knew I wouldn't have so much time for her, luckily at that age they totally understand and are a great help. She loves her little bro to bits and always playing with him. I have just made a point of including her in everything from picking his name, going to scans, looking after him etc etc and make sure she still gets time with me, which is important at any age. teenagers sometimes regress and behave like toddlers with all those hormones racing about as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back