How did labour start for you?

Joeypops

Reaction score
I’m interested to know how you knew you were in labour. I’m currently 39 weeks and have been experiencing backaches and period cramps for about 22 hours now. It’s more of a constant pain rather than what I would expect contractions to feel like. I’ve had cramping a few times throughout my pregnancy which usually shifted when I drank lots of water but nothing is helping today. Is this normal or is it a sign things are happening? I always assumed it would be really obvious when labour started so feel a bit silly!

my first labour i was having pains so i googled false labour vs real labour and decided it must be false labour as i didnt have backache. The pains were coming fairly often but i just held my breath as we had a visitor and it wasnt THAT bad. After the visitor went i thought maybe i should call the midwife and she said i was in labour and needed to stop holding my breath lol

the second was totally different,. false labour for nights and nights and the only way i could tell it was real was when the pain was actually so bad i started throwing up.

It would make things much easier if there was a set pattern that every labour followed in the early stages! Think mine must be false labour, il still aching today but it’s not getting worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back