How Common.....

Birdie

Reaction score
.. is the name Jessica?

I don't know any but then I don't have any children of school age - is there one in every class do you think? It's in the top 10 though, so i'm presuming there are loads?

I was really hoping to avoid anything in the top 20 to be honest... but DH and I are seriously struggling with possible girl's names.

When we were team yellow with out first pregnancy we literally didn't have a girl's name at all - thankfully we had a son. My Husband wants to be team yellow again this time around but i'm so nervous that if it's a girl we'll be totally stuck.

I like Jessica but not Jess, it reminds me of Postman Pats cat. :lol:

I know of one little girl called Jessica and shes about 5. I live in scotland and its not a hugely common name here.

xxxx

I know a 10 year old and a 37 year old. So not sure how common it is!! I really like it xx

I've heard it quite a lot lately, a few are Jessica getting Jessie which in gutted about as I love it but wouldn't want something super common

Yes we like Jessie too - but the super common thing really bothers me too.... But then again i'd rather have a daughter with a common name than no name at all :D the rate we are going that's a genuine risk!

Last edited:
My name's Jessica : )

In the early 90's it was really popular and there were 3 of us in 1 class! I'm on supply at the moment and get around a lot of different schools and rarely come across girls called Jessica so maybe it's less popular now x

I'v got a friend and a niece called Jessica both are grown up now and I don't hear a lot of Jessica's anymore either, I agree with fairy princess that it might have been a common name in the 90s!!
Saying that I called my daughter Emiy and she is the only one in her class (in year 2) and that's sposed to be a common name but that was the only girl name that me and my partner liked lol x

Only Jessica I know personally is my niece and she is 6 x

Jessica is quite popular near us, we opted for Jessie instead but didn't use it in the end as the dog is called Woody lol

Jessica is quite popular near us, we opted for Jessie instead but didn't use it in the end as the dog is called Woody lol

Haha! My Toy Story loving 2.5yr old would LOVE this!!! :D

My daughter goes to preschool with a jessica

I know a few Jessica's around my age (26) but I don't think I have heard any at all of a younger age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back