how common is implantation spotting/bleeding?

xrachx

Reaction score
right i just have to ask if any or how many of the women on here has had it, my mate has been trying for nearly a year now for another baby and she has just rung me asking as she thinks she may have just had it, i have had 4 babies and have never had it but she said she just looked it up on the net and it said it was fairly common, i told her i would ask a few ladies that might know, i dont know if i have put this in the right section either but i didnt want to go upsetting the ttc ladies as i know it could sound a bit insensitive.
oh she said she "had it" on the 12th day and she is now on the 19th day, is it too soon for that do you think?

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to read and leave. I didn't have it xx

I had a bleed in early pregnancy which in the end was put down to implantation bleeding. Im not sure if thats what it really was though. At first I was told I was having a mc then when after 2 weeks they found her little heartbeat on the scan we were just told it must of been implantation bleeding and sent home.

I dont know about the 'implantation' part, but i bled alittle bit in my first pregnancy (around 20+ weeks) It was due to an errosion on my cervix.

Ive bled in this pregnancy ALOT. All most constantly. And nearly always very heavy (i have passed what can only be describled a 'liver' pieces too) (sorry tmi) :puke: :puke:
The baby is perfectly healthy and fine, this bleeding is coming from the outside of the cervix again, i have a 'massive errosion' that certinaly needs sorting out but they wont touch me till the baby is born. But they are ment to be keeping an eye on it. (i have to see my gynacoligist every 8 weeks)

So to me.. bleeding in pregnancy has come quite normal :wall: :cry:

rachelandjarvis said:
I dont know about the 'implantation' part, but i bled alittle bit in my first pregnancy (around 20+ weeks) It was due to an errosion on my cervix.

Ive bled in this pregnancy ALOT. All most constantly. And nearly always very heavy (i have passed what can only be describled a 'liver' pieces too) (sorry tmi) :puke: :puke:
The baby is perfectly healthy and fine, this bleeding is coming from the outside of the cervix again, i have a 'massive errosion' that certinaly needs sorting out but they wont touch me till the baby is born. But they are ment to be keeping an eye on it. (i have to see my gynacoligist every 8 weeks)

Flipping heck that sounds awful, is it painful?

i had bleeding with both my 2 for the first 10 weeks

I had nothing with any of them, my eldest is 19 now and i am almost certain i didnt have any bleeding whatsoever, it must be tha some women are prone to it.

I had a little bleed about the time when my period was due but it only lasted a day and it was tiny amounts. I was starting to think or well not this month but the next day no blood at all so did a pregnancy test and it was positive. It was put down to implantation bleeding.

i had a very smalle amount of brown blood early in pregnancy. it must have been at around six weeks or so. good luck for your friend x

Rachie, I hope your taking it easy girl - sounds like your having a really rough time :hug:

Just thought Id add that some people get ovulation bleeding when they are ovulating and so it may have been that rather than implantation bleeding, as although it does happen, implantation bleeding is not particularly common and a lot of women dont get it at all

Is that 12th day of her cycle, or 12 days after ovulation?

I had smallish bleeds at 6, 9 and 18 weeks, totally freaked me out at the time but the EPU told me after the 6 week one that it was prob left over implantation blood,

I'm sure I remember people having earlier bleeding around the 10 DPO mark when I was TTC though...

xrachx said:
rachelandjarvis said:

Flipping heck that sounds awful, is it painful?

Um... very occasionaly, not usually tho its only period like pain. As long as the babys fine i can live with it :D my only worry now is if it'll complicate the birth. (i had a hemridge last time) but ill find that out in my next appointment (in 2 weeks)

Heles 7 > Thanks hunnie, hope you and bean are in good health, havent heard frmom you in a while :)

I'm not sure about implantation bleeding but I had a bleed at 7 weeks, 8 weeks and 36 weeks.

They never found a reason for the bleeding and said it was just one of those things.

choklatemunky said:
Just thought Id add that some people get ovulation bleeding when they are ovulating and so it may have been that rather than implantation bleeding, as although it does happen, implantation bleeding is not particularly common and a lot of women dont get it at all
omg...can that happen? ovulation bleeding? i havent even heared of that before, maybe that was it then cos i thought it was a bit early for implantation, you learn something new everyday!

i had a little bit of bleeding with both my pregnancys...Im not sure if it was implantation bleeding though, cos it was at about 6 weeks with Beth, and at about 5 weeks with this one (and i'd already known i was preggers for about a week when i spotted this time) :think:

I had implantation bleeding but bleeding is a big exageration (or at least it was in my case). A week before my period was due my discharge was light brown - only on the one day and there wasn't much of it, certainly no more than usual.

I 'got AF' on the day I was due... or so I thought... but was shocked when I took out my Mooncup after 5 hours or so to discover there was just a little bit of browny gunk in it. That continued for 1-2 days and stopped. I looked it up on the internet and saw "implantation bleed" and panicked... but yes, that's exactly what it was.

22 weeks later, here I am in 3rd Tri! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back