How common are false positives?

Catchableey

Reaction score
So I’ve taken 12 pregnancy tests from one brand and they started out negative slowly got faint lines then a very clear faint line visible without squinting.

Once I had a clear positive i decided to test using another brand to confirm however all tests on other brand came back negative. I even dipped the brand of tests I was getting positives on in water to see if it was an evap line which it wasn’t so here’s my question how likely are you to get a positive test if your not pregnant ?

I’m waiting on the results of a blood test to see if I’m pregnant or not (fingers crossed it’s positive) But I’ve drove myself to the brink of insanity with taking tests and all this uncertainty.

943AEAAA-9403-4001-9B55-5A5CC059109C.jpeg

So I’ve taken 12 pregnancy tests from one brand and they started out negative slowly got faint lines then a very clear faint line visible without squinting.

Once I had a clear positive i decided to test using another brand to confirm however all tests on other brand came back negative. I even dipped the brand of tests I was getting positives on in water to see if it was an evap line which it wasn’t so here’s my question how likely are you to get a positive test if your not pregnant ?

I’m waiting on the results of a blood test to see if I’m pregnant or not (fingers crossed it’s positive) But I’ve drove myself to the brink of insanity with taking tests and all this uncertainty.

View attachment 93714
As long as you followed directions, as well as, didn’t allow the tests to sit I would say those aren’t false positives. Different tests have different sensitivity levels….how many dpo are you or what cd? The nice thing is the blood test should give you a definitive answer!
One last thought….did you get the positives and the negatives on the same day or different days? It seems you can get positives followed by negatives in a chemical pregnancy which is just a super early loss. :(

Hope you get the results you want back from the lab! Keep us posted!

As long as you followed directions, as well as, didn’t allow the tests to sit I would say those aren’t false positives. Different tests have different sensitivity levels….how many dpo are you or what cd? The nice thing is the blood test should give you a definitive answer!
One last thought….did you get the positives and the negatives on the same day or different days? It seems you can get positives followed by negatives in a chemical pregnancy which is just a super early loss. :(

Oh m, and I’ve also heard sometimes blue dye are more prone to evaps…so maybe idk. So many options, and it’s so hard when you just need an answer!

Thank you for responding so my situation is a little unique I haven’t had AF for two months so I began testing soon as it was late and was completely negative until last week where I had a faint line. I took those tests on different days which still were all positive at the same time I took more well known branded tests and they were negative so it’s a little confusing.

Oh m, and I’ve also heard sometimes blue dye are more prone to evaps…so maybe idk. So many options, and it’s so hard when you just need an answer!

also all positive lines showed within the testing window.

Hmmm….it sounds like maybe you have pcos? Or are you usually right on time?Either way, if these are true positives, you probably would have ovulated approximately two weeks ago…were you sexually actively then? Those blood results should be in soon! I’m quite curious!

Hmmm….it sounds like maybe you have pcos? Or are you usually right on time?Either way, if these are true positives, you probably would have ovulated approximately two weeks ago…were you sexually actively then? Those blood results should be in soon! I’m quite curious!
Blood results just in and they are negative but I’m now finally getting positive lines on a clear blue test within the testing window (previously was only getting positives on a supermarket test) so now I’m ultra confused what’s happening.
So last AF was in may I was sexually actively a few weeks before I got AF.
nothing after until June 18th and then again July 2nd and July 19th. So at the very maximum if I was pregnant I could only be about 5/6 weeks max. I’ve been told by the doctor to keep my face to face appointment tomorrow to discuss this further. I think I’m going to ask for a ultrasound to check for pregnancy, ovarian cysts and anything else that could be affect AF as I’ve got cramping and just not feeling right within myself lately.
Will keep you posted :)

Blood results just in and they are negative but I’m now finally getting positive lines on a clear blue test within the testing window (previously was only getting positives on a supermarket test) so now I’m ultra confused what’s happening.
So last AF was in may I was sexually actively a few weeks before I got AF.
nothing after until June 18th and then again July 2nd and July 19th. So at the very maximum if I was pregnant I could only be about 5/6 weeks max. I’ve been told by the doctor to keep my face to face appointment tomorrow to discuss this further. I think I’m going to ask for a ultrasound to check for pregnancy, ovarian cysts and anything else that could be affect AF as I’ve got cramping and just not feeling right within myself lately.
Will keep you posted :)

Just be aware that clear blues are ridiculous for evaps…dark, thick ones, in time frame. It’s terrible.

Definitely interesting!!! Do keep us posted. Glad you have an appointment! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back