How are you supposed to know you're still pregnant?

gemloulau

Reaction score
Bit of a stupid one really but in the absence of any symptoms how do people know they are still pregnant when there is so long to wait in between scans?

Other than a bit of mild car sickness, greasy hair and spots in the early stages I've had no symptoms at all. I've got a bit of a belly on me now but it could well be bloating even though its bump shaped but other than that nothing.

It feels like a lifetime to wait until 19th July when ive got my 20 week scan. I'm going crazy wondering if bubs is ok in there - I wish I had a sign!!!!

Xx

I'm in the same boat, my 20 week scan isn't until 17th July, I've got my midwife appt on Weds, but I doubt she'll do anything to put my mind at ease (she didn't at my 8 week appt).
I guess we just have to trust our bodies :)

Just think, the next four weeks will seem like nothing when compared to the wait between 20wk scan and birth :)

Thanks Geek - you're right, 4 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I just hate not bring in control!

I've got my MW appointment on Tuesday - she's coming to my house which feels weird!

Xx

My midwife listened to heartbeat at 16 weeks but they don't all do it as is hard to find heartbeat at that time. Then you may start feelin little kicks but you might not so I am afraid it is just a wait. After 20 weeks you will have kicks though and a bump so that is reassuring. Is all a scary time though. Xxx

Thanks bubbles - miso impatient!!! Guess I need to learn to relax and go with the flow! FX she checks for a heart beat on Tuesday!

Xx

I'm the same! Only thing keeping my mind at ease is the little flutters!
I'm finding It so difficult waiting for my twenty week scan, I'm so impatient!! Xxx

I'm the same! Only thing keeping my mind at ease is the little flutters!

I'm exactly the same. Even though we had our scan last friday I still haven't "felt" pregnant all day, it's just the little fluttering that reminds me. Though it feels more like wibbling about like jelly in there at the moment lol

So glad I'm not alone!

I'm not sure if I've felt flutters or not - I've felt something a couple of times and have convinced myself its my little bubs but it could just be wind lol

Xx

Oh yes how could I forget about the ever expanding waistline lol! I swear I get a little bit bigger every day!!!xx

I popped the zip on my work trousers the other day :blush:

It probably would of been baby. I kept getting confused cause it felt a bit like wind but then when you realise a while later that the "wind" never came to anything you can be pretty sure it's baby :)

I feel windy type feeling, but most of the time for me it feels like when you get that nerve in your eye and you can feel your eye bouncing like a pulse, but in my tum of course :) (lol that's the only way how I can describe it :p) xxx

Lucky you guys. I have my 20 week scan on the 19th July too but I have loads of symptoms to keep reminding me I'm preggers. Nausea and headache all day today that left me bed bound. Sleep, food, drink, and paracetamol did not lift it. Plus I'm still exhausted and loads of stretching pains the last two days plus an enormous tummy! But I was still incredibly reassured when I heard the heart beat on say at midwifes. Despite all my symptoms I still don't feel confident in my pregnancy! Oh and I find a new thing to fret about every day. If its not the lump on my nipple it's the new varicous vein (gross). But I already love this little monster and am confident it's all worth it in the end :)

I was the same as you, but I've been pretty lucky that my doctor listens to the heartbeat everytime I visit x

I agree hearing hb was fab for me at 16 weeks, and my scan is in 8/9 days so getting nearer now, pregnant hormones make you overthink things, baby is doing just fine in there x

In a few weeks this wont be a problem cos you will feel baby moving every day... I can now and to be honest I'd forgotten about how worried I was a few weeks ago and it came out of no where once you have that 20 week scan it just all comes it's crazy!! I was lucky aswel and my MW let me hear HB at 16 weeks and I had a follow up apt at 18 weeks as had some issues n she wanted to keep a closer eye on me then the scna at 20 weeks so I was lucky in the sense it broke up the wait too the scan I'm sure all will be fine :) x

Thanks everyone - its good to get so much reassurance from you ladies!

I'm waiting for the next flutter!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back