How are we keeping our LOs entertained during holidays?

Rooster30

Reaction score
I have a 3.8 years old and a non walking, crawling, eats stones and other crap 15 month old and I'm finding this school holiday a bit daunting. We are a week in and feeling the strain already!

We don't have actual holiday to look forward as we holidayed during term time and my OH is not taking any time off so it's just me and a kids! Arghhhh.

Soft play is a no go on our own. My son will not go around a soft play his own, I have to trundle through with him which isn't possible whilst holding on to a 15 month old who won't walk.

Similar story with a park.

I struggle to give my son proper attention with my daughter around. We can't sit and play play dough like he likes to do as my daughter will just sit and eat the stuff, she'll eat paint too and this subsequently kicks off a tantrum from my son. We had huge problems with playing in the sand bit yesturday - she ate it and then my son poured a spade load over her head.

I'd rather get them out but it feels they are both at such a difficult age. My son just is not as independent as other 3 year olds I see who'll run off around a park/soft play on their own happily and my daughter requires a lot of me too. Sob. 7 weeks until preschool!

Can you make some edible playdough? That way your son can play and your daughter won't suffer eating it?

Some baking?

I'm guessing your daughter still has a nap? Can you plan something with your son during that time? Maybe a walk to the park with a football? That's if your daughter will nap in a pushchair and you can have a kick about while watching the pram

Picnics?

Sorry I've not got loads of ideas

Pop your daughter on your back in a sling and go exploring/walk? Role play / dressing up at home? Zoo/farm parks? My 3 yr old is similar with soft play and wants me to go in too so I just go with friends as well so there's always someone to stay with my youngest. Good luck xx

Thanks for the suggestions I really appreciate it. They both nap at the same time at the moment. It's brill for the most part but it doesn't allow for any alone time with my son. Amazingly they actually played together today. My mum came with me and we went out to a little farm shop cafe, it went okay over all. It's just filling up this huge space with things to do. It's daunting!

I go to work lmao!!

Seriously I know our kids are similar age (the boys exactly the same Bee is a few months older than your girl) and I find getting out every day is a must. The more exercise they have the better they sleep.... not that Bee sleeps

Anything you can do out the house then go for it.... parks, library, groups, farm, duck pond meet friends and family, even take a sandwich and have lunch outside.

It's tough.

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27