How are we doing in the heat ladies?

Gemsy

Reaction score
32 degrees here right now, and my rapidly increasing belly has coincided right with the heat arriving!

I have been out for a little picnic with OH this afternoon, as I just can't resist getting a bit of sunshine on my poor, white body, but I have had to sit in the shade all afternoon and move around at nothing more than a shuffle!

Oh, and already been through 3 ice lollies :lol:

It's warm. Only 26 degrees up here but that's warm enough. I've also got a stash of ice lollies of which I've had two. xxx

I'm lucky that my bump is small still.. Although I haven't been out yet... Pleased I'm not heavily pregnant right now looks so hot out! :)

Xx

It's too hot, I can't imagine coping if I was any further along, feel really Uncomfy even though I'm still pretty small! I've been on the ice lollies and ice pops too :) xxx

Last edited:
Loving having some nice weather, even thou at the beach yesterday I got sun burn :-(

Only moment when I seem to be suffering is doing the 3 mile walk to work up steep inclines - I'm exhausted then

I'm still only early so not suffering with the heat however where I normally have major bump envy, I must be honest and say today whilst seeing people obviously struggling with the heat, I was openly glad that mines still hiding away!! Xx

I'm dying I don't cope well with heat at the best of times without my expanding tummy. I'm not a summer fan bring back the good old English weather lol x

I'm happily hiding away inside in my 16 degrees air conditioning :D

I did go out and sit in it for an hour which was nice, but that's all I can tolerate when it comes to hot weather. I can't walk or cycle or shop in it. I'm very much a winter person!!

This heat is beating me, went out for a couple of hours yesterday but it really drained me. I'm not a summer person, I prefer winter and tons of layers.
I was flat out by 8:30 last night.

Today will be the tester, out at a fun day most of the day, I have frozen water, hat, sunglasses and factor 50 at the ready. This is why I don't take beach holidays, my body doesn't like the sun (after three days in Cyprus I got sunstroke).

Its hilarious how we all moan about about the awful weather we have and then when the sun comes out we moan! I am the worst! I hate the heat, dreading this coming week when I have to work outside in it, gonna kill me!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I really feel for you having to work outside in it... What do you do?

I'm a dancing in the rain type, I adore autumn and winter and when there's a breeze I'm the first to comment how awesome it is, I've never coped well in the heat, yesterday wiped me out completely, my body shuts down when I'm too hot (much to OH's disappointment).

Id hate to be ready to pop in this heat!!
Even without pregnancy when the sun ramps up like this i have to resort to a hat all day or i get sunstroke!
And although i love a nice sunny happy dry day, i like cloud and breeze too, fed up of being totally covered in slimey factor 50 as i burn..

Supposed to be the hotest day today, eeeek

I assist in the runnning of a glamping site, as well as gardening, cleaning, and accounting. Shame its not the end of the vat quarter, I would actually enjoy that nxt wk!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Its already 30 degrees in my garden! I feel like I'm on holiday!

I am supposed to be going to a BBQ today, but think I may spend most of the time inside or with my feet in the paddling pool! Majorly overheated last night at 2am :( throwing up and pouring with sweat. OH was on iced water duty all night!

Aww you poor thing. I really hope you're ok and you get to go to the BBQ today.

I'm taking as many precautions as I can.
We are going to a fun day with my parents today, but my dad has promised that if I get too hot I can sit in his car with the air con on :) (air con in our car is a bit rubbish).

Im happy with t shirt weather yaht doesnt burn u but is pleasant! !

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Haha, i am def in the minority, i love this hot hot weather!!!

For the first time this year, my feet are warm enough! DH calls me a lizard :)

I don't really enjoy this weather, as I feel so heavily pregnant.

Have been sitting in shade, trying to get comfy, watching bump have a move around as our other 2 children play in the paddling pool.

I'm with you fliss - love summer and the sun! Just wish I had a pool to get in as hate feeling sweaty (we are out sunbathing) I detest winter and wish it was like this all year x

Not a hot person at all... don't mind warm but don't like hot, particularly during the week. Dreading the classroom and hot teenagers to contend with.

A pregnant friend recommended magicool spray to me this afternoon so I went out and got some and it feels lovely when your hot so might be a good idea for some? They do a handbag size so you can keep cool during the day... might just save me this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back