How are all us single parents :)

babyem

Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to see how were all getting on.

I for one am shattered! X

tapatalking x

I'm exhausted. Not having anyone to pass baby over to so that I can shower/nap etc. is tough going sometimes. Everything is a rush job when O is sleeping. That said, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Getting to the point where im fed up of being onny own x

I'm exhausted. Not having anyone to pass baby over to so that I can shower/nap etc. is tough going sometimes. Everything is a rush job when O is sleeping. That said, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hugs hun, its not easy :( I miss having long showers, now Im lucky if I get a wash! Also doesnt help as Im at my dads and he doesnt have a shower, only a bath so makes it even more tricky!! Ive managed to get abit of a better morning routine for myself, Ive been doing my hair, brushing my teeth and having a wash while LO plays in her cot for 5/10 mins. Feel alot better for it :)

I didnt realise you were a single parent too, glad I posted this thread so I know whos in a similair situation :) xxx

Getting to the point where im fed up of being onny own x

Im sorry youre not feeling great atm, big hugs x

I dont like being alone, but suppose its never going to be the same meeting someone else now, got to make sure theyre suitable for LO too xxx

tapatalking x

O is only 2 weeks old so while I miss the attention of someone that's interested in me, I'm not ready to meet someone else. Or maybe I'm not ready for them to meet O. Either way, it amounts to the same thing.
Long story Em but I split from my partner when I was 7 weeks. He's not a part of either of our lives.

O is only 2 weeks old so while I miss the attention of someone that's interested in me, I'm not ready to meet someone else. Or maybe I'm not ready for them to meet O. Either way, it amounts to the same thing.
Long story Em but I split from my partner when I was 7 weeks. He's not a part of either of our lives.

I dunno if Im ready, but it wont ever be the same. And it would be a long time before they would meet LO, shes too precious to me!! Lol.

Hugs! He obviously doesnt deserve to be in either of your lives xxx

tapatalking x

I'll definitely be looking for very different things when the time comes. The last relationship was such an absolute disaster & I have more at stake now.

I'll definitely be looking for very different things when the time comes. The last relationship was such an absolute disaster & I have more at stake now.

Same. I want a proper man!! Although I dont know how I would fit dating in with LO!! Never have the time spare! Xx

tapatalking x

& he would have to be pretty special in order to want to give up a night with O. :)

ive had a really pants day today. my lo has done nothing but cry. inbetween the odd moment of happiness...but i find this time of day hard. im so used to oh coming home and just being there to help.me. untill he decided he didnt want to come home and started working later. but either way im finding it hard. i also miss the adult company and the way it broke the day up. but now i feel the days just drag. :/ sorry for this post. hope every ones ok xxx

:hugs: to you all. I remember being a single mum to a baby (a bit different this time as B is a toddler and M is a fully fledged child lol) and I remember how hard it was but also how amazing. When I separated from my ex I honestly thought, right I'm done. Then just as I accepted that I would never get involved with a man again I met a wonderful man! It's a pretty complicated relationship but it's working well so far. My biggest tip would be, don't put too much pressure on yourselves. I used to try to be 'super mum' and ended up exhausting myself, I soon learnt to prioritise, ask for help when necessary and feel no shame in doing so.

MrsR, I'm definitely at the point where I'm trying to be "Super Mum". I don't want to ask for help because I don't want people to think I can't cope. O is a really good wee baby & because its "just us two" I feel like I need to be SuperMum more so. I find it very difficult to ask for help/support in general, not just where O is concerned.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366372128.064103.jpg

I find it hard to ask for help but in the last few months I've had to learn rapidly how to. If you need a hand just ask, the worst they can do is say no. When the children were tiny I'd nap with them when they napped, if I felt I needed to, my clothes weren't ironed but they were clean, my house was messy. Even now I don't have the balance worked out exactly, but the children are happy and loved and looked after so I figure I'm doing ok :D :hugs:

How are we all ladies?

Kayuki, how are you doing? Was thinking about you after reading back on your other thread, hope all.is ok xx

I am ok, just tired! Been ill the past few weeks, starting to feel abit better, but can never shift it due to lack of sleep!

FOB is still being an arse. Grr, but I am so done with wanting to be with him! I want a real man!!!

Need to look at childcare soon for returning to uni, looking forward to going back but not being even more tired!!

Is it just me that finds it really bloody annoying when people try and relate to how hard being a single parent is, as there OH doesnt help or say they know how hard being tired all the time is?

Xx

tapatalking x

How are we all ladies?

Kayuki, how are you doing? Was thinking about you after reading back on your other thread, hope all.is ok xx

I am ok, just tired! Been ill the past few weeks, starting to feel abit better, but can never shift it due to lack of sleep!

FOB is still being an arse. Grr, but I am so done with wanting to be with him! I want a real man!!!

Need to look at childcare soon for returning to uni, looking forward to going back but not being even more tired!!

Is it just me that finds it really bloody annoying when people try and relate to how hard being a single parent is, as there OH doesnt help or say they know how hard being tired all the time is?

Xx

tapatalking x

hey hun not good to be honest hun. found out last night that my so called husband has been seeing sombody since i was 9 months pregnant!!! and to top it off hes been going behind my back going away for dirty weekends with her. ( he was using his friend who lives away from us as a excuse!) he apperantly 'loves her' and they are going away bank holiday week for three days to portugal. safe to say i will be divorcing his ass. hes also taken my lo a couple of times and i dont know where hes been staying. he says hes been staying at his mums....:/ i dont trust a word he says any more as hes lied to his friends and family as we have asked time and again if there was someone else he said no to every one! ive now got counciling as hes really destroyed me and my confidence.
sorry for the long post. alot is going on in my head. xx

How are we all ladies?

Xx

tapatalking x

hey hun not good to be honest hun. found out last night that my so called husband has been seeing sombody since i was 9 months pregnant!!! and to top it off hes been going behind my back going away for dirty weekends with her. ( he was using his friend who lives away from us as a excuse!) he apperantly 'loves her' and they are going away bank holiday week for three days to portugal. safe to say i will be divorcing his ass. hes also taken my lo a couple of times and i dont know where hes been staying. he says hes been staying at his mums....:/ i dont trust a word he says any more as hes lied to his friends and family as we have asked time and again if there was someone else he said no to every one! ive now got counciling as hes really destroyed me and my confidence.
sorry for the long post. alot is going on in my head. xx

Oh my god hun!! I am so sorry to read this!! Did he tell you?! I can imagine you must be feeling so many different things!! I cant beleive he would do that to you?! Honestly dont bottle it up, come on here and rant, anything to help!

If you need to chat, pm me :)

I have a feeling FOB was cheating, but he swears he wasnt. He is apparantly all loved up, theyre moving in together and have gone away to blackpool for the weekend. Its a joke. And has he splashed his cash on his daughter like he has on his skank? Has he bollocks! Since we split up he has spent maybe £20 on nappies and milk. Fucking pathetic. So if he thinks he will have anything to do with her he can think again! Hes had enough chances.

If I were you, I really wouldnt let him have LO unless I could trust he hasnt got whoever she is around your LO.

This is what I have decided anyway, as I know he wants my LO to be round her etc and I am not happy with this.

He honestly does not deserve you or your LO!!!! And it wont last with them anyway, as one will cheat, thats how it started!

You are so much better than him! Where you are now seems dark, lonely and so far from happiness BUT it does get better! I wont lie I do sometimes think of FOB, but its like my brain goes hazey and doesnt allow me to. One day you will look back and laugh at what a pathetic excuse of a man he is!!

Big big hugs, here anytime xxxxx

tapatalking x

Kayuki - I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. :hug: I don't understand why people cheat. Why not man up & say "I'm unhappy, I want out" instead of all the sneaking around.
You & babyem both deserve so much more.

So true!
Aww thanks hun, so do you!!
Thankfully my sister is here so she can watch LO while I go for a bath and wash my hair!!
X

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back