Housing Association

Sophie_P

Reaction score
We currently have a two bed housing association house, me and partner in one room and my ten year old stepson in the other. What would housing association say about moving us when I fall pregnant and there being no room? X

It all depends. It depends on the sex of your baby I would say. In my area two children of the same sex can share until they are 16 therefore not classed as overcrowded.

The other thing is most councils / housing association don't take into consideration the fact you're pregnant, they only take not once you've had the baby. Hope this helps x

same sex can share till 16, also depends were you live I have friends with a one bedroom flat 2 girls her and her partner and there only in band c bidding which can be a 5 year plus waiting list. What area do you live In

Don't forget the new tax on bedrooms in April. Got leaflet from my housing the other day.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361214033203.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361214033203.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 43
We don't have any empty bedrooms hun. I don't know much about this but house is full of mould that won't shift so i'm a tad worried about getting pregnant and bringing a baby back here x

Housing should do something hun. We just have to ring n they book appointment for repairs. X

they won't do anything hun, they said it's because washing dries on radiators and we have a tumble dryer. environmental health are no better they said get your stepson to scrub it off with bleach. x

Omg. That's a rubbish housing. I would move. X

we cannot move hun,we've tried bidding but it's too hard. my partner is registered disabled and cannot breath due to mould. what we supposed to do, would a health visitor let me bring a baby back to mould? x

I can't offer any advice but I am horrified that they said for you to get your step-son to scrub it off with bleach?? thats ridiculous!! I would put in a complaint about that as thats unacceptable to suggest that. Could you not see about an exchange? even somewhere with same amount of rooms? I don't know much about housing association so not sure how it works but doesn't seem right to leave you in a property full of mould x

Last edited:
Were looking for exchanges. I think that'd the best option x

environmental health were more interested in our cats than the house. we have thought about local mp but I dont want the added stress whilst ttc. don't know what to do for the best. x

why dont you ring citizens advice for some advice?

Ok, firstly the council/housing association won't be interested until the baby is actually born, then if it's a boy, they will say you only need a 2 bed due to same sex sharing until 16. I have a 12 year old girl and 18 month old girl, and am eligible for a 3 bed (currently in a 2), but getting one isn't easy. Exchange would be your best bet.
The mould - we also have the same problem, and got told they would send us a leaflet! I said what am I meant to do with that'm, clean the mould! She wasn't impressed, lol. Anyway, apparently it's tenants responsibility to clean/get rid of mould and if everything is tried but nothing works, they will send out a surveyor, but it's not easy unfortunately.
Good luck - with both :)

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Kirsty if you don't mind me asking, how are you eligible for 3 bedrooms if you've got two girls? Xx

Were exchanging to a 3 bed asap. I have 2 girls and 1 on the way. I haven't been told.otherwise? U think its.ok? X

To be honest it's not really?? There are people that need bigger places and they are all taken up with people who don't need them??

Xx

yes I think it's patheticthat nothing can be done for mould x

Yeh if you have three children even of the same sex will be entitled to a three bed house i checked in my calculator (not planning a third and not in council housing but i was interested how many children had to share a room) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back