housework urgh...

Corrinne37

Reaction score
washing....ironing....is anyone else still working full time and really struggling to keep on top of everything?
I just wanted to sit out in the sun today but had so much to do , my life felt in dissaray I needed to get it sorted but i just dont have the energy like i usually to do to run around and get on top of it all.
Just wondering how everyone else is coping?

Last edited:
I'm not and havent for weeks!! Hubster is being amazing as is my mum she comes over once a week to clean for me and last week came over to make dinner for us ready for when we got home and then we went to my parents twice so I only had to cook once which was on my day off!!! Don't over do it you can only do what you can do!!!

Oh thank god it's not just me! I'm still working full time, and have an 8 year old and have a pretty useless oh who I don't think does anything properly even if asked. My house doesn't look like it used to to be honest as I can't keep on top of it all and eat all the time haha! Only 2 weeks left at work so telling myself it's ok and I will catch up then ;-) xxx

Lucky you tilly! I know but if i leave it, i did mainly last w/e I just end up in such a mess that I get even more stressed.

I cant believe how tired I feel, and how hard things are that i normally just get on with!!

OH did help a lot today, but after abour 2 hrs he was like right, ive had enough!!!

I am incredibly lucky, it's also easier for me as this is my first so have no one else to worry about other than DH xx

I worked until 34 weeks, housework took a back seat until I finished working, cant do it all ladies especially so far on.

I'm the same corinne I have no energy or inclination to do housework. Keep waiting on nesting kicking in but its not happening! I know what needs done, I've even written a list of all the 'deep cleaning' chores I want to do (I find lists help me calm down) and have asked my mum to help out once I'm on mat leave...still have another 3 weeks to go. Take as much help as you can get and get the rest you need huni you are growing a tiny human its a tiring job! X

Perhaps the nesting surge of energy will kick in when on mat leave don't stress.

I'm the same corinne I have no energy or inclination to do housework. Keep waiting on nesting kicking in but its not happening! I know what needs done, I've even written a list of all the 'deep cleaning' chores I want to do (I find lists help me calm down) and have asked my mum to help out once I'm on mat leave...still have another 3 weeks to go. Take as much help as you can get and get the rest you need huni you are growing a tiny human its a tiring job! X

I've got a list too Kay Kay.. Haha.. It makes me feel like its ok that I'm leaving stuff for now! Xxx

its tough isnt it. like Tilly i have only my partner and his been amazing, his really hands on , my mum doesnt live nearby and tbh isnt hands on and doesnt cook... i have the energy but dont have the movement of body ha ha to do much
i am very house proud so am using wipes to clean bathroom and loo downstairs, partner hoovers carpets and i do floors as its easy.
its tough though i went food shopping on my own i said id be ok but boy it exhausted me. i dont sleep great either so i know its gonna get harder and harder
thing is we are all in big nesting mode, and dont know about u but i want whole house turned upside down before baby arrives!!
just do what u can and rest as much as u can xxx

I've got a list too Kay Kay.. Haha.. It makes me feel like its ok that I'm leaving stuff for now! Xxx

Ive got a list too!!
A few lists!
One for all the cupboards/ rooms that need sorting
One for all the things i need to buy
one for all the baby things i need to pack get ready
one for all the birth prep/breast feeding/ newborn stuff to read up on!!

I too am neglecting hw no energy and can't be bothered iv got this week off as was meant to go to Burkina with a friend but it fell through so have gone to my parents for a week as back here there are lots of old friends to catch up with and I don't even have to think about hw haha so iv escaped. Hubby has gone to Italy with his mate for a week my pet rabbits are here with me and mum is doing the cleaning out of them too bless her she has also offered to have the rabbits stay now till after baby to give me a rest ik going to take her up on it iv decided x

thats nice kate,
nothing like staying with mum to make you feel all warm and pampered!! Enjoy the rest and catch up with old friends.
Good idea for her to rabbit sit for awhile too xx

I really wouldn't worry ladies - enjoy making lists and go through them in your own pace when your on maternity leave.

I was the complete opposite yesterday - completely blitzed house and garden, also took dog for a huge walk - couldn't sit still for more than 5 minutes - think it was definately nesting instinct!

I'm going to have a chill out day today as back to work tomorrow - definately think I did too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back