Housework helpful hints :)

Princess81

Reaction score
Ok I remember we were on about starting one of these, so as per title, suggestions please!!

Mine are:
To de-hair your hoover head - use veet hair removal :lol: I did it and it worked so well!! Not sure how it would affect any brush bristles, maybe do a patch test first :lol:

Also, I have body jets in my shower and the nozzles get all black from mould despite scrubbing - also te nozzles are kind of rubbery and don't take well to loads of scrubbing so..... I put bleach onto cling film (smear it over whilst wearing rubber gloves) then wrap the cling film round the body jet. Leave for a couple of hours and it's good as new :)

Now if someone could let me know of an efficient way to clean Venetian blinds please? Lol

Ok I remember we were on about starting one of these, so as per title, suggestions please!!

Mine are:
To de-hair your hoover head - use veet hair removal :lol: I did it and it worked so well!! Not sure how it would affect any brush bristles, maybe do a patch test first :lol:

Also, I have body jets in my shower and the nozzles get all black from mould despite scrubbing - also te nozzles are kind of rubbery and don't take well to loads of scrubbing so..... I put bleach onto cling film (smear it over whilst wearing rubber gloves) then wrap the cling film round the body jet. Leave for a couple of hours and it's good as new :)

Now if someone could let me know of an efficient way to clean Venetian blinds please? Lol

Vinegar and water sprayed onto a sock, put over your hand and rubbed along the blinds.

Vinegar would work as well to clean the nozzles on your shower; the bleach may cause the rubber bits to perish.

Cool :) I'm gona be a thread stalker :lol: I suck at housework!! xx

Stalking! I need some serious order in my house ATM! Between school runs, E and work, I'm getting nothing done!

Stalking! I need some serious order in my house ATM! Between school runs, E and work, I'm getting nothing done!

I'm not getting far either :roll:
I need some hints and tips!!

I used to wash venetian blinds in the bath, to dust I used one of those tickling stick type dusters that were electronically charged, hold it vertical and close the blinds one way, dust, then the other. If you hate ironing like I do, a steam generator is your best friend, powerful enough to only have to iron on one side and for dresses and curtains you can vertical steam.

Maybe i'm just super lazy but i just get one of those old lady microfibre dusters to do the blinds. I close them both ways and give them a scrub and it gets 90% of the dust off, probably more if you do it more often :oooo:

I love my duster. I do practically every awkward surface with it and then get the vaccum out :)

In fact that is my main technique. Do all the surfaces and push everything onto the floor (which only takes a second), then i go around with a bin bag for rubbish, collect up any keeps, suck up any left overs with the vacuum (good old Henry) and then mop up any stubborn bits.

I have a huge house and it takes about 2 hours that way to do the whole thing, about 10 mins per room.

Wet wipes and the shower head sort out the bathroom.

Baby wipes are brilliant! The are especially good at cleaning the grease & grime from cookers & splash backs!

Aha! Thanks for the great tips girls, I shall try with the vinegar on the shower for sure. Is it special vinegar like white wine vinegar etc?

Oh if you have stubborn stains on pale coloured tiles the oxy clothes whitener stuff works better than anythingI've ever tried its great!

Kelly I wish I could afford a cleaner :lol:

Oh I do currently use the fluffy "duster on a stick" things for most surfaces including the blinds. I currently baby-wipe along the blinds when they need a wash. I hate them.

White vinegar on the shower is amazing! I use that, then wash it off and dry it with an old newspaper, works fab. I have a big mirror in my bathroom I do like that too. Get a nice air freshener tho!

I have a leather couch, and the best thing ever to clean it with - Fairy liquid. It's amazing. I use that and warm water and a sponge. No need for fancy leather cleaners.

Oh and I have a steam mop - I love it. My floors are great.xxx

Mine are:

Vinegar and water sprayed onto a sock, put over your hand and rubbed along the blinds.

Vinegar would work as well to clean the nozzles on your shower; the bleach may cause the rubber bits to perish.

You are a legend!!

THANK YOU

Also use fairy liquid to wash leather couch.

I buy a big bottle of detol anti bac multi surface cleaner its about £3 lasts for 4 months so far, use it for floors, all of bathroom, all of kitchen, highchair, everything basically. Alot better than buying different products for different things.

We need more tips ladies...

Perfect place to ask...

How do you clean the clips on the highchair?

Tried those stupid wee brush things you get inside the dr brown bottles, but even that doesn't fit in the wee bits. Millions of germs must be breeding...

:sick:

Aha! Thanks for the great tips girls, I shall try with the vinegar on the shower for sure. Is it special vinegar like white wine vinegar etc?

Oh if you have stubborn stains on pale coloured tiles the oxy clothes whitener stuff works better than anythingI've ever tried its great!

Kelly I wish I could afford a cleaner :lol:

Cleaning vinegar, it's normal white vinegar but not food grade, it's in the cleaning aisle.

shops like pound world home bargains and the like for purchasing all cleanign stuff, heaps cheaper, I also got a microfibre mop/brush which is fab on the laminate x

shops like pound world home bargains and the like for purchasing all cleanign stuff, heaps cheaper, I also got a microfibre mop/brush which is fab on the laminate x

Not always, sometimes it's a false economy, frequently they are smaller bottles, or in the case of a fair few things plain cheaper elsewhere. (especially for things like washing up sponges).

Anyone got any tips on getting hair dye out of carpet or a way to mask it.
And using vinegar and warm water and wash your windows with it then use news paper dry them gives them a nice shine.
always clean the inside of your bin lid and bleach the inside with boiling hot water leave for a few minutes then use rubber gloves and a old scrubbing brush and clean inside the bin so the bin bag when you take it out will be cleanish deactivate with cold water and rinse and bin bag it. put a cheap airfreshner at the bottom of the bin before the bin bag and will keep it smelling nice.

thats it at the moment ladies, i'm not good with house work although i do try too hard and fail lol x x x

Wet wipes are the household chore godsend - plus the kids can do the dusting too! Bad mummy making the kids do chores! Lol they love it honestly! They always dust/clean the tv - well it is their grubby finger marks!

I use oh's electric tooth brush with an old head for cleaning stubborn grimy bits in the bathroom like the bottom of the taps or the drain. Works like a treat :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back