Hours of work a week?

Baby8

Reaction score
How many hours a week are you ladies working? X

Luckly this pregnacy I am not working , but in my last pregnacy worked shifts which where hard going !

40 hours, well 45 but I get an hour for lunch each day plus I have an hour bus ride to work and an hour back again! Already exhausted at 25 weeks! Got some holiday to use so doing a frw 4 day and one 3 day week from the 9th September and counting the 9 weeks until I go on maternity in October! How about you? Xx

I currently do 44 hours a week (4 11 hour shifts in a row) and I'm working a kitchen assistant job due to being pregnant, I thought it would be easier but I have to do so much and get so stressed my angles and feet are swollen by lunch time and I just don't have the energy to carry on the day I know im only 20 weeks and its going to get worse but even my midwives advised me to cut my hours down and that shel write me a note to cut them down just I feel like il be a apdailure and I could do with all the money I can ATM. Maybe I should cut down to jut 33 hours a week? I seriously do so much waking in the day and running around doing everyone's bloody job and I'm sick of it it's making me depressed/stressed:( xx

And I only get half an hour break throughout my whole shift because I'm so busy none stop all day!

Take it easy ! Don't run yourself in to the ground x

At the beginning I was doing about 40 hours a week but Iv cut it down to 20-25 and I still find it too much sometimes lol. But my days are always split shifts, a few hours in the morning then back again in the evening, and I find that harder as the break in between makes me not want to go back for the evening run :( Just looking forward to maternity leave, will be taking it at earliest time possible! X

I agree with your midwife! I have an active job but can sits down regularly - I seriously wouldn't cope with standing all day as its too uncomfortable especially on my back x

I literally don't get to sit down all day until 2 till 2:30 then I'm off agai I start at 7 and finish at 6 it's rubbish I really am thinking of cutting down my hours I know I need the money but the health of me and little mans more important, how much should I cut it down to though do you reckon? I don't wanna cut down one day run struggle and have to cut down again:/ x

40 - 45 depending. Plus 45 minute walk to work 5 times a week.

I literally don't get to sit down all day until 2 till 2:30 then I'm off agai I start at 7 and finish at 6 it's rubbish I really am thinking of cutting down my hours I know I need the money but the health of me and little mans more important, how much should I cut it down to though do you reckon? I don't wanna cut down one day run struggle and have to cut down again:/ x

That's why I cut down so much, I could do with the money but health comes first. I do care work so it's an active job with a lot of moving and handling and some days I can be in agony where Iv over done it. Maybe cut down by two days a week then if you don't want to keep cutting hours. Also see if you would be entitled to any benefits which might help the money situation. I have recently applied for housing benefits top up, it's not much but it's something to help since Iv cut my hours down. There's no point in working yourself into the ground, it'll be you that surfers. I know it's hard tho and some employers aren't that nice about it (I should know, I have the worlds worst employers!) but Iv started to stand my ground and not take their crap no more. Good luck xx

Really oh bless ya I was on care but refuse do it and be put on easier jobs HA! What a joke I'm more stressed! It was fine in the beginning, ok your all right I need to do this, gonna work normal this week and I'm seeing my midwife on the 13th ( I was meant to see her this Tuesday but she's fully booked) and get her to write me a not and cut my hours down I need to think about me and baby Il look up if I'm entitled to any benefits. Health is always better than wealth! Thanks for your support! Xx

40 hours and it's killing me. 12 weeks until maternity, feels like forever!

I was working 9 hours a week. (Always have done) but now I've resigned, I've been off work so long now I don't feel it's fair to them as i still am not ready to return. So I get my last pay slip August 26th then won't have any income til maternity allowance on 11th October. But luckily I've got some savings. About 6 weeks between the two I think. I wasn't going to return after baby was born a anyway so thoght I would just pack it in.

Plus with all this sickness I avoid going out, and one of my excuses is 'I can't cause work might see me' now I can't do that and it will force me to do what I should do to get better in my head!
X

I work full time, but I work in a care home and I do admin, so it doesn't REALLY affect me.
I'm very lucky that my boss is a nurse, and her daughter is a midwife so she calls her for advice if I'm worried about something :)
They take care of me.

I work in a private nursery as the room leader of the toddler section and have just last wk been promoted to deputy of the whole place untill i go on maternity leave!! I work 9-6 everyday and i must admit i am finding it a struggle sumdays as i still feel ruf in morns and eves but i do still enjoy it at mo and i know it will get worse.

I am hoping to go on maternity leave end of nov so i worked out with the bank hol day and the few days i have off at beggining of nov for hubbys bday i have 81 days left to work lol.

Michelle. x

37 hours a week and I am not going on leave until I am 38 weeks pregnant as I don't have a choice (long story). I am finding it tiring now though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back