Hot nights

ruby2015

Reaction score
How do you dress your babies for the night when it's so hot? I live in London and it's roasting but I think most of the country is the same. Last night I put George to bed just in a bodysuit (bare legs and feet) and he constantly woke so I put him in his sleeping bag (1 tog) at 3am and he slept happily after that. I've done the same tonight but with short sleeve vest..

Just curious to know what everyone else does!

It was 25 degrees last night so they were in nappies and nothing else with the windows open, they are warm boys generally so feel the heat a lot more. Don't be worried to leave your lo in a nappy if you feel they may get too hot. Better to be too cold than too hot with babies

Again nappy and just a muslin draped over her, (that's more for security ) again better having a cold baby who wakes you up because they are cold than a hot baby x

Was 28 in our room last night so just a nappy all night. I was worried he was going to get cold but he was absolutely fine

Was "only" 24 in my house so my daughter was in a short sleeved best and 1 tog sleeping bag

My 18 month old was in a sleep suit (with arms and legs) and had the window open and fan on. His room was reading 26 but was the coolest place in the house.

Ours was in a romper last night with no blanket and we had a fan on. Don't know how hot our room was, but her sister's was 32° and we're usually slightly cooler.

We slept in the living room last night as it was the coolest room - still was 28c when we went to bed, so I had her in just a vest. She was up every couple of hours, kept her well fed mainly for hydration, and when it got cooler in the early hours I pulled a thin blanket over her and she slept a bit longer. I may try a sleepsuit tonight though as I think her legs were getting a bit chilly...

27 in ours too but Felix will only sleep in a sleeping bag so just put him in a 1 tog with just a nappy on, we've got a fan in the corner as well which seemed to help xo

It was 29c in my daughters room last night, and 27.4c tonight. Both nights she has gone to bed in just her nappy with her usual light blanket over her lower half.

It's awful having it so hot at night time. Thankfully my children have settled well regardless... so far!

My lo's room was nearly 29 last night and he slept in a short sleeved vest, I added a cellular blanket over his legs about 11pm. Tonight it's 24 so he's in a long sleeved vest, if his legs feel a bit cold later I'll put the cellular blanket on x

Last night she was in short sleeved best and a muslin over her legs. Tonight she will be in long sleeve best and a cellular blanket on her legs. Our room is saying 24c but last night was 29c and was so hot, I had a fan on her too x

Nappy only since Saturday. I would def go with fewer clothes (or none!) than too many. He has been sleeping really well. I'm sleeping in just pants with no blanket and I'm still boiling!! X

Went and bought some light cotton sleep suits (arms and legs), then put a light blanket over her legs (which she kicked off). Window open and fan on, was still 28 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back