hot baths

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi all,
I love a very hot bath every now and then. In fact in I'm one as I write this thread. Iv not been warned to not have got baths iv only read this on line. Does anyone a have hot baths? I think in pregnancy there's always something you shouldn't do I. E eat prawns which now you can same as peanuts ect so how up to date is it that we can't have baths?? Iv heard they increase babies temperature which can be dangerous but is this from regular hot baths or is it from one a week or less?? Obviously I don't want to hurt my baby and got my 20 week scan tomorrow but when I'm stressed and aching a hot bath is all that helps and helps me sleep.
Any thoughts on this....

I have a very hot bath once a week(ish) but I get bored quickly so don't stay in long. But ive been fine so far and im 25+3. They say that very hot baths warm your core temperature up therefore warming baby up xx

It depends on how hot you mean. Baby is already warmer than we are so you have to be a but careful not to overheat - I uses to be terrible for having roasting hot baths that left me dizzy when I got out! I tend to keep them a bit cooler now and a bit shallower as my first baby would kick like crazy in a hot deep bath and I worried it was her complaining.

I have a bath every night! They are my saviour. I use myself as a temp gauge tbh, as long as your don't feel hot and bothered or dizzy in it then you'll be absolutely fine

I cant get in a luke warm bath.

First time round I had hot baths. All was fine.

xxxx

I can't either. Has to be really hot or it doesn't help. X

You're not supposed to have very hot baths, that's all. You can still enjoy a bath as long as the temperature is kept at a decent level. Hot baths cause your blood pressure to rise; so it can cause dizziness and it's no different with very hot showers. I heard that they can cause miscarriages because it rises your core body temperature however I don't know how true that one is.

I still have baths, but I've never enjoyed hot baths anyway. I always have mine where I can sit straight down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back