Hospitals!!!!

Rooander

Reaction score
This may be an odd thread to start but I thought maybe if we put which hospital we were planning to give birth at hopefully someone out there will have given birth at it and can tell you a bit about it.
I think that makes sense LOL.

Im planning on giving birth at the Conquest Hospital in Hastings. Has anyone out there had a baby there and that could tell me what its like?
I had my first son at the old Buchanan in St Leonards but then it all moved up to the main hospital.

I'm having my baby at the Peterborough Maternity Unit, seems ok looks just like the ones on all the baby programmes I've been watching!

Treliske Hospital (or Royal Cornwall Hospital its now called!!) Truro, Cornwall.

Cardiff heath hospital or caerphilly birth centre, not sure yet.

Northallerton Hospital in North Yorkshire.

I have seen it once, at 15 weeks when I had a bleed. Its quite small and looks a little dated but Ive heard its good.

The side room I was in was sweet. :D

well im going to start off in LLandough hpspital,

its a midwife lead one so no c sections or epidurals, only gas and air and pethadine.

they have a birthing pool tho and its very nice and personal.

BUT

if i cant take the pain or have any complications they will transfur me to the heath in cardiff, but im hoping not to go tho, i dont like it

Hey layla, where do u live, hey we could oth end up in th eheath togther, lol. My midwife suggested the Gwent but have completely ruled that out, i hate the place, it always looks so unfreindly and dirty.

bec x x

Hi hun,

I live in Barry, so the nearest hospital to me is Llandough.

Its such a lovely little unit, i had my 2 there before they made it midwife only.

Im hoping i can do it again but without my epidural im not so sure lol

I will be giving birth at Worthing NHS Hospital, in sussex!

:) Natalie x

Im going to the James Paget Hopsital nr Gt Yarmouth. Got the chose of there or the Norfolk & Norwich, glad I made the choice as the N&N has been on the news recently as its so under staffed it has on a couple of occasions had to close its delivery suite and send everyone to near by hospitals cause it cant cope! Some women in labour have had to be sent as far as Ipswich to have there babies, and all home births have been cancelled as they cant afford to send the staff out.

Plus the Padget just got a 3 star rating, the only hospital in suffolk,Norfolk and cambridge to achive this! (And all the midwives are lovely)

Im giving birth at warrington general hospital in cheshire, Gwain im not too far from you. do you live in liverpool x x

hiya all

Im due 26th November and Im having Baby Brent at Milton Keynes General Hospital which recently was the only hospital in the Anglia region to get the Maximum Stars.

So far the care seems to be good and hope it continues right through.

Had my last two babies in Walsgrave Hospital in Coventry, the previous two in Leicester General and my first son at George Elliot. !!!

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Northallerton Hospital in North Yorkshire.

I have seen it once, at 15 weeks when I had a bleed. Its quite small and looks a little dated but Ive heard its good.

Hey Lulu - I'm having my baby at Northallerton Hospital - I'll let you know what its like!

For anyone who has a choice to make about what hospital they have their baby at or anyone who just wants to see that hospitals figures..... - You can check out any hospitals statistics (ie Natural Birth %, assisted birth %, is it a Consultant or Midwife led unit etc....)by locating the hospital on the map.

http://62.73.188.194/BirthChoiceUKFrame ... ls/151.htm

Bye for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back