Hospital services fear

Sparklegirl

Reaction score
The less said about this hospital the better really but I am quite concerned. They are fighting so hard to remove the maternity services and if a pregnant lady is consultant led or god forbid actually goes into labour (shock horror, who knew that could happen?!) they will be sent to the city hospital which on a good day is over an hours drive from where I live.

Given the state of the roads, it will be a complete and utter disaster, the number of mothers and babies which will die because of this is phenomenal. Its unbelievable that someone has sat down and said to themselves that it is totally acceptable to make every appointment regarding maternity an hour and 15mins away from people in my town.

I am afraid to get pregnant given the possible complications with my BP, spinal problems and rheumatoid arthritis. I accept that any of these issues might lead to a C section, god help me if it would have to be an emergency C Section because that would not be possible locally.

Right now the best thing I can do is keep my fingers crossed that if I get pregnant, I have the perfect pregnancy with no hiccups at all and I go into spontaneous labour which requires no medical intervention and both myself and baby are totally healthy. This is the only (whimsical) way that this move would be ok for a lot of pregnant ladies

My hospital is minimum of an hour drive away too, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If something was to happen and you needed to get there ASAP then you just phone an ambulance who will blue light you there rather than driving and you will be taken care of during the journey xx

As above, you'd be able to call the ambulance and they'd blue light you. You'd be no more than 20-30 minutes getting to the hospital then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back