Hospital bags...am I missing anything?

jenni16

Reaction score
I've finally got round to making a start on packing our bags ready for hospital, still got 6 weeks to go but just want it done and ready :)

Well I've so far done baby's bag, and it seems far too empty...I'm sure it was full to bursting with Oscar! Maybe I've just folded and packed better?

This is what I've got in there....
3 vests
3 babygros
2 cardigans
2 hats
2 mittens
2 socks
2 Muslins
Blanket
Pack of wipes
Pack of size 1 nappies
Nappy bags
Mini pots of nappy cream
Cotton wool pads
Cord tie

Am I missing anything?

I'm planning on maybe doing an extra bag with some extra clothes and nappies for OH to pick up if we end up having to stay in longer, so I'm really just going for the essentials for maybe the first night.

I've still got my bags to go, the list for that is already pretty long.......

Looks good...Logan's bag is suspiciously empty aswell.
Have u got a baby blanket?

I think I probably just packed far too much first time round, only going for the essentials this time lol.
Yeh I've got a blanket in there, might put one of the swaddle Muslins in too if it's quite warm. They're huge but won't take up much room. Xx

I've just looked at my list and only thing I've got extra to you is a going home outfit x

I've not bothered with a specific outfit this time. I had one with Oscar, but he peed on his last clean set of clothes so I had to put him in his going home outfit while we were still in hospital and waiting for the in-laws to bring us more clothes for him! Of course he wet that outfit too, so he ended up coming home in one of the hand-me-down babygros from my Aunty. Hoping we don't get through as many this time lol.
Xxx

Yeah I had one of mine pee on it then sick all over lol...chances are he'll come home in a baby gro unless he needs changing before we set off x

I'm using one instead of the plastic clips they use to clamp baby's cord. They're much softer on baby's skin and usually help the cord to dry out and fall off quicker, within just a few days :)
Here's a pic from the place I've ordered mine from.
Xxx

1e2d6e60d135cc08ee39f137e9df00f0.jpg

Jen ive just sent this women a msg to enquire cos i fell inlove with the blue heart and elephant one!!!!

Do u know if she sterilses them or what? Xx

I'm using one instead of the plastic clips they use to clamp baby's cord. They're much softer on baby's skin and usually help the cord to dry out and fall off quicker, within just a few days :)
Here's a pic from the place I've ordered mine from.
Xxx

1e2d6e60d135cc08ee39f137e9df00f0.jpg

So I assume (if you're that way inclined) that you could just crochet your own? I really like the idea, it's cute, but I'd be wary using over plastic - I'm not sure why :-s

God she wants £12.

Ill give it a miss lol!!!! They r really cute though x

Thanks!

I think ill just stick with the plastic hosp ones!
They thought was there anyway lol, they r adorable mind. x

£12?! Yikes. I think I paid £16 and I had a little hat made too!
You can sterilise them if you want to, but they don't need it.
I don't see why you couldn't make your own, just maybe find some instructions off the internet to keep with it to help the midwives because not many have seen them before. Some are wary of using them but if they insist on using the clamp (which you can refuse) you can request for them to leave the cord longer so you can remove the clamp and attach the tie yourself :) most are fascinated by the ties tho and more than happy to use.
Xxx

I think they r gorgeous!!!!

But yeah she quoted me £12 just for the grey elephant one with blue heart lol!!!

Id now feel bad that Charlie has a fancy cord tie in his memory box and Noahs got the clip one hahahaa!!! That 'what u do for one u must do for the other' has started already and hes not even blinking born lol!!!

On the other hand lol, ur hosp bag sounds perfect hun!
Like u said ur not too far from hosp, u can always leave a fee extra bots in ur boot so OH doesnt have to go hunting the house & bringing in the wrong bits haha xx

Maybe it's because the elephant is a custom one, whereas I just had the standard rainbow heart which she has in stock? Still seems a lot tho!

Oh I know what you mean. I feel bad that this baby hasn't got her own room yet, which is ridiculous because she wouldn't be in there for 6 months yet and we'll hopefully be moved by then so she'll end up having a better room than Oscar's got already 🙈
I also feel guilty that I'm determined to make more of a go of breastfeeding this time, I gave up on day 2 with Oscar. But you live and you learn.

Thanks :) feeling happier now it's almost sorted. I keep reminding OH where all her bits and bobs are stored just in case lol. Xxx

Last edited:
I was day 5 with Noah too hun and i really want to try again too! Speah eith now eing on my own i dnt wanna be faffig with bottles for night feeds.. But we shall see!
Im ina 2 bed so the boys will eventually share but i no what u mean, i did redecorate Noahs room but atm it seems just for him!
He had alot of Noahs old things too lol! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back