Hospital bag

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
Hi,
I was just wondering what everyone is packing in their bags? I've seen the list in tri 2, but are yous actually packing all of that?? Is seems a bit much too me but then again this is my first pregnancy.

So far I've only packed baby's stuff which consists of:
- sleepsuits x3,
- vests x3,
- going home outfit,
- scratch mits x2,
- bottle x1,
- formula,
- towel x1,
- blanket x1,
- nappy cream,
- vaseline,
- nappies,
- wipes.

Is there anything I need to add to the baby's stuff?
I don't have a clue what all to pack for myself! Looking forward to hearing what you are all packing. Xx

I haven't packed anything yet but I'm gathering it all together. So far I think I've got all the baby stuff. For myself ive bought Primark nighties, mini toiletries, breast pads, maternity pads, pack of knickers, sponge, toothbrush.....living with inlaws still but moving ho,e next week (hurrah!) so I'll start packing then properly x

So for your list I removed the wipes as most hospitals won't let you use them and added cotton wool.also added to that list would be a shawl for me and I also added a little hat in and some muslins.

As for my bag well this is what iv packed.
Two nightys with button down top
one nursing bra
Deoderant
nursing pads
A loose dress to wear out of hosp
Two packs of maternity pads (20in total)
10 pounds carpark change
Four drinks currently in the fridge to pack last min
Cereal bars sweets and snacks
6 black cheap knickers from primark that can be thrown away
A hand held fan
Some lip balm
Hair brush
A wash bag including toothbrush then travel sized toothpaste and body lotion and 2in 1 shampoo stuff)
A flannel
My own towel
A light weight dressing gown
One pair if flip flops
A few hair bands
Pack of tissues
2tops for breastfeeding in case they get sicked on etc

Then I have my last min to pack n take stuff so
Drinks from fridge
Tens machine
Watch
Phone and chaarger
Frozen grapes
Handbag
Spare t shirt for hubby and deoderant for him

I am trying to remember tho so may have missed something as my bags now in car along with a spare pillow car seat and isofix base.x

Thanks k8_005, I've took note of your list and will start gathering bits now that I don't already have xx

i would say dont pack rediculous amounts of towels and clothes it means you end up taking loads i used hospital towels last time even though i had my own they insisted so i didnt ruin mine with all the blood leave a pile of clothes for you and baby somewhere obvious at home that way if OH can bring more in when he comes to visit (it also means he can take dirty home with him and maybe even wash it lol) i am going to take wet wipes for me because after c section (i know most arnt planning on but neither was i) i had no feeling in my legs for the rest of the day and was left with a crappy set of paper knickers and a mat to lie on needless to say it was very undignified and i was covered in blood the wet wipes ment i could atleast clean myself up until i could walk to the shower the next day.
muslins i found to be essential from day one for cleaning up sick and winding with ive have packed 3
a little comb for baby to comb out all the nasty mushy stuff
an extra pack of knickers to what you already have
flip flops to wander around in its too hot for slippers and maternity wards are 10x hotter than anywhere else in the world
xx

I know his has been asked before, but how many nappies is everyone taking? We're gonna be using reusables, but for the first week it'll be disposables, does 25 sound excessive? I'm planning on being in hospital for the minimum time, and hubby knows where they all are should we need more (were 2 mins from hosp!) so I don't wanna go overboard!!!

I think iv packed 10 as they say u change them every 2hrs so I'd expect anywhere between 3 and 12 enough as min time in hosp after birth 6 hrs I'm leaving rest of pack in boot of car x

I've got a mixture of size 1 and 2... about 10 of each.

The hospital can always provide more if needs be :)

I've got all small newborn ones. Also using cloth like tigger but will use disposables at first i expect as hard to use cloth in hospital. Fx I'll be at home though!!

Just realised that most of my clothes are 0-3 or 3-6, not many newborn....Going to sort them all out tomorrow and then I'll see what I have I guess! If squiggle is very small they'll be massive!

Bought some disposable knickers today. sexy times! x

I've got all small newborn ones. Also using cloth like tigger but will use disposables at first i expect as hard to use cloth in hospital. Fx I'll be at home though!!

Just realised that most of my clothes are 0-3 or 3-6, not many newborn....Going to sort them all out tomorrow and then I'll see what I have I guess! If squiggle is very small they'll be massive!

Bought some disposable knickers today. sexy times! x

I have only got one sleepsuit in newborn! I'm predicted a fatty though ha

oooo what are the knickers like? I was considering getting some but think my fat arse will just snap them! ha xx

For the baby I have more or less what you have. No formula as going to breast feed. I have cotton wool and muslin squares/bibs. Also I have a blanket and a baby towel.

They're in a pack so don't know...not opened them! You can get different sizes.

someone said about towels from the hospital but my NHS leaflet specifically says the hospital won't give you ANY towels or blankets or anything! :-/

I found the disposable knickers horrid!!! For about the same price you can buy cheap cotton ones from Asda or primark.

im packing
2 sets of pj's
pads
breastpads
spare bra
4 pairs of plain cheap nickers
4 babygrows
going home outfit
4 vests
2 blankets
nipple cream (lansinoh)
towel
pack of size 2 nappies

Last edited:
im packing
2 sets of pj's
pads
breastpads
spare bra
4 pairs of plain cheap nickers
4 babygrows
going home outfit
4 vests
2 blankets
nipple cream (lansinoh)
towel
pack of size 2 nappies

Sounds about same as mine. We're braving cloth from birth this time though, so they take up a fair bit of space. X

Keep the wipes, they are good to freshen up yourself.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

having read this iv stuck a pack of wipes in now but into my own bag rather than babys! thanks ladies xx

I have the disposable knickers but I'm only gonna use them for the hospital and then get the cheapy ones for home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back