Hospital bag

NicNak1

Reaction score
I know it might be abit early but Ive just sorted all of baby's stuff out as the nursery is just about done and the furniture went up yesterday so i really want to start on my hospital bag. I would like opinions on what i need as this is my first and i dont have a clue!! Ive made a list of things i think ill need for me and baby but if you think Ive left anything off could you tell me please? Much appreciated!

For Me
Birth plan (notes)
Labour outfit (nighty or long vest)
Dressing gown and slippers
Toothpaste
Toothbrush
Shower gel
Shampoo
Flannel
Hair bobbles
Nursing bra's (2 or 3)
Knickers (5 pairs?)
Book/Magazine/Kindle
Socks
Breast pads
Maternity pads
Deodorant
Towel - 2
Phone charger
Nipple cream
Change of clothes for OH
Car seat
Going home outfit for me
PJ's for after birth
Food and drinks as OH is diabetic

For Baby
2 - 3 Sleepsuits
2 - 3 Vests
Going home outfit
2 - 3 Pairs of mits
5 Bibs
Bag of cotton wool
Baby towel
Blanket
Hat
1 pack of nappies
Milk if i cant breastfeed

I may not have enough of somethings and too much of others. With my hospital as long as labour goes ok you will be out within a few hours.

Have i missed anything or do you think that is enough? Xx

Am i the only one starting to pack my hospital bag this early? Lol think i might be too organised lol

Camera and money for car park? That looks like a good list to me!

im going to be doing a small separate bag for hubby (just coz im an organisation freak and want to be able to put my hand on things easily)

you could also pack music (mihgt be relaxing for when having contractions and reading doesnt distract u)....and im also packing flip flops (for shower)

good list tho! xxx

Ah never thought of flip flops thanks hun. Yeah im doing a separate bag for him too. He's diabetic so need to make sure we have his insulin and that.

Yeah money is a good idea too. The maternity unit has its own parking spaces which you get a pass for so you dont have to pay but if they're full we'll need change for the normal car park. We're using our phone for a camera but trying to get my brothers proper camera too. It sounds like i have more or less everything then :)

Thanks for your replies ladies :) xx

Travel change mat , Nappy sacks, and a little plastic tub for water for bum changes, i had sections so never amazingly mobile and needed everything to hand. One of my kids peed all over my bed while i was in it too during a change so mat essential for me.

List of numbers and order for oh contact after birth, mine was rubish

Very good list tho, oh i dont think yourll need 2-3 feeding bras, im taking 1

Ooo thanks jjmum!! A travel changing mat never even crossed my mind for the hospital but it totally makes sense. Yeah ill do a list for him lol ah just 1 bra? Ill take the others off my list lol. Thanks for your help :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back