Hospital bag

Crackers

Reaction score
We had a little trip to Mothercare at the weekend, and whilst I was at the desk ordering our moses basked (if you're interested, we went for the "Snug"..I'm in love with a basket!) hubby seemed to get overly interested in the maternity pads/creams/potions and lotions section. When we came out he had already set aside some time over Easter for us to sort my hospital bag!

So...does anyone have any tips on essentials for the bag? I'm thinking nighties/t-shirts, towel and flip flops for shower...basically what I would take for an overnight hotel stay. I'm sure I'm going to need some extras to see me through though!

x

I got a list at my antenatal class but one thing my mw did say is to get everything very cheap as it tends to need to be thrown away. There's a lot of blood loss after birth so I have gone for cheap and nasty which equals disposable lol.

There is a list in this section somewhere if you can find it xxxxxxxx

I went to Asda today and bought disposable pants - two packs for £2.50, and have also invested in black knickers and nightie from Primark cause all my colleagues keep telling me how I won't believe how much blood I'll lose after the birth - get mega huge maternity pads and lots of them is their advice!!!

I have been told the same - cheap nightdresses with button up front if breastfeeding from peacocks or primark underwear that is either disposable or you don't mind binning and lots of pads - I need new underwear so have decided to use all my old ones for straight after birth then buy myself some nice new stuff once the bleeding subsides.
I read somewhere that you still look about 6 months straight after giving birth so clothes that are comfortable to travel home in are a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back