Hospital Bag

Journey1

Reaction score
Has anyone got this ready yet?

I've not done mine and plan on getting it sorted in the next couple of weeks but thought I would just check to see what everyone else is up to?

This is my first baby so likely to be late although I have had this feeling it's going to be early (or am I just hopefully excited)!

:) xx

Omg how organised are you?!!

I'll probably not be getting mine sorted til 30+ weeks at the very least, if I start my leave early, or 34/35 if I make it to the summer holidays. Well done you though!

I heard a tip that once you get everything you need for your bag, get your OH or your birthing partner/mum to do the actual packing, so that they know exactly where everything is cos it won't be you who's raking through it!!

My first was two weeks early so shows first babies are not always late lol, I,ll probs do mine at around 35 weeks, mostly coz I don't want helpful little hands re-packing it for me lol, now we,ve got rid of the wardrobe, there,s not really anywhere I can I hide it. If anything happens before then , then both me and my oh no where everything is if we have to make one up in a hurry.

After my friend having to go in recently it's made me very aware that Riven could be with us at any time!!!

I think I will be packing mine this next payday as I still need to get some bits and pieces:roll: last minute shopping yay :)

What size hospital bag are people packing?, my sister took a suitcase with her when she went, a small one but she took it nonetheless!!

Got mine ready with DS when I was 32 weeks and they said baby might come early, will probably do the same this time just coz then it's done n out the way. This time I won't take half as much stuff though coz I took way too much lol

Bloody hell!! You are all very organised. I was going to do mine when I broke up for my mat leave at 37 weeks but maybe I should get my skates on!! No point doing it too early as it will contain stuff that you will want to keep using beforehand anyway, and knowing my luck I'll trip over it in the bedroom and break my ankle prior to delivery or something!!

i did it with 1st at 28 weeks as they thought i was going iinto prem labour but he was late lol
2nd baby did at 35 wk when i finished work and he came on time, was planning on doing the same this time but after todays events that may change when i go back to hosp in 2 weeks time to be checked as my waters were low on my 28 wk scan today :eh: xx

After my friend having to go in recently it's made me very aware that Riven could be with us at any time!!!

I think I will be packing mine this next payday as I still need to get some bits and pieces:roll: last minute shopping yay :)

What size hospital bag are people packing?, my sister took a suitcase with her when she went, a small one but she took it nonetheless!!

I took a medium suitcase the first time, and even tho I was in for 5 days, I didn't use half of what I took lol last time I used the pram changing bag to put baby,s stuff in, and a backpack for mine, I may get a small suitcase this time, coz it was awkward with two bags xx

omg i said you were way tooo organised, havent even got much stuff for baby yet, probs will start doing it for when im about 30+ weeks, not finishing work til 37/38 weeks x

Very organised. My friend suggested having 2 bags - 1 small holdall for labour essentials and outfits etc for baby. Then another small one for incase you have to stay in overnight.
Im going to start mine at 32 weeks xx

Is it bad that im 25 weeks and i still haven't even thought about this yet?..Oops lol!

No - I'm nearly 33 weeks and haven't thought about it yet!! Bad mummy... lol

Havent done my birth bag yet and wont for a while . i am tempted to sort myself a bag out though as i have never escaped a hospital visit and stay during any of my other pregnancys. so kinda thinking i should have a bag packed just incase i need to go in for a few days

Ah thanks ladies! I'll sort mine out next month, OH would like to me to be ready as well so there's less panic! haha :) xx

I haven't really thought much about the hospital bag to be honest but my mum and MIL have started putting together bits and pieces for me. I know between them they have a light weight dressing gown, slipper socks, travel sized smellies and nighties. I'm so excited about the baby bits I'd no doubt neglect my own things so it's lucky they are on the ball :) xxx

I haven't even thought about it yet and now I'm thinking in going to have to get a holdall because I've only got massive suitcases (I don't travel light lol) think I might keep my eyes peeled for anything on special offer that I'll need and start a little collection but doubt I'll actually get organised till about 30 something weeks

Last edited:
is there a complete list anywhere or do we get one from midwives about what we may need so i jnow i got everything x

This post scared me lol I haven't even thought about let alone have anything to pack for a hospital bag or bags to put it all in!! After my wedding in 2 weeks I WILL get organised :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back