Hospital bag panic!

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m having a complete meltdown about my hospital bag! Does it matter if I don’t pack nighties?? I don’t like them and won’t feel comfortable in them, instead I’ve packed just long cami tops that way they give me coverage just past my lady bits and there’s easy access for skin to skin and breast feeding..

It’s completely stressing me out with the current pandemic I’m unable to go out and buy a thin dressing gown, pjs etc. And I don’t want to spend loads on them because they’re probably going to get very grubby! And do I need to pack baby’s red book?

Any advice on what I actually need to pack would be great! Sorry flapping!!!

Take whatever will make u feel comfortable in. It wont matter at all.

Babys red book. I think I got given mine when we were leaving the unit. It's only starts being used when the mw and health visitor are doing the home visits

Make sure to bring a comfortable outfit to leave hospital in. The rest should not matter too much. Its not a fashion show and there are hospital gowns on hand if you need them.

Some other thoughts,
-phone charger (if you leave it behind the hospital won't be taking responsibility to take care of it for you! Happens all the time).
-toiletries
-anything you feel comfortable to wear post birth. Consider easy access for feeding and toileting ;) what you bring in particular will not matter the nurses and doctors won't be giving your clothing a second thought imo.
- some clothes for baby to leave hospital.
-have babies car seat hooked up and ready to go so you are ready for going home.

You can wear what ever you feel comfortable in. 2 out of 3 of my babies I've laboured in just my t shirt I arrived in and then a sheet covering my bottom half, didn't have time to change! I still have the nighties and dressing gown I wore whilst in hospital after birth they don't get so bad that a wash doesn't clean them up.

I can't actually remember when I got my red book but definitely not before baby was born. Maybe as I left the hospital or from one of the home visits.If you have it take it as I think they write in the 1st newborn checks and the newborn hearing check in there.

My last labour I took a nightie but ended up in a hospital gown!
This time round I will either just wear the top I wear in or ask for another gown.
For after I will take some pj bottoms and a couple of nursing vests.

Thanks everyone! I don’t think I’ll bother getting any nighties or dressing gown! I’ve packed babies bag just mine I was stressing about. I got baby’s red book about 3 weeks ago, I’ll pack it just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back