Hospital bag list

Rainbow1234

Reaction score
I’m about to start working on my hospital bag today. I’m 29+2.

Does anyone have a list they’ve made up already to save me some work? Lol x

Depends how you're planning on feeding and giving birth but here's my list which may help as a starting point!

Maternity pads
Breast pads
Stretchy bras x 3
Black pants x 6
PJs x 2
Delivery nightgown
Slippers & flipflops
Hair ties & brush
Vaseline
Phone charger
Toiletry bag
Lavender oil
Arnica tablets
Spritz for bits
Tens machine
Handheld fan
Dark towel
Maternity notes
Going home clothes
Lucozade & cereal bars

3 x newborn outfits (vest, sleepsuit & hat)
Cardigan
Blanket x 2
Nappies x 12
Pack of water wipes
Nappy bags
Muslins x 3
Car seat

Depends how you're planning on feeding and giving birth but here's my list which may help as a starting point!

Maternity pads
Breast pads
Stretchy bras x 3
Black pants x 6
PJs x 2
Delivery nightgown
Slippers & flipflops
Hair ties & brush
Vaseline
Phone charger
Toiletry bag
Lavender oil
Arnica tablets
Spritz for bits
Tens machine
Handheld fan
Dark towel
Maternity notes
Going home clothes
Lucozade & cereal bars

3 x newborn outfits (vest, sleepsuit & hat)
Cardigan
Blanket x 2
Nappies x 12
Pack of water wipes
Nappy bags
Muslins x 3
Car seat

thank you so much! That does help x

I basically just copied the nhs list, although I haven’t started packing I’ve written my list lol. I’ve also had suggested to me to take a plastic jug, just incase you need to pour water over yourself as you pee afterwards because the midwifes will probably be too busy to assist.

do people take two bags? I know there are separate lists for mum and baby but I was just going to take one suitcase for us both, or is there a reason people prefer two? I only ask because I’d need to buy a little carry one sized bag if I need to take two.

I basically just copied the nhs list, although I haven’t started packing I’ve written my list lol. I’ve also had suggested to me to take a plastic jug, just incase you need to pour water over yourself as you pee afterwards because the midwifes will probably be too busy to assist.

do people take two bags? I know there are separate lists for mum and baby but I was just going to take one suitcase for us both, or is there a reason people prefer two? I only ask because I’d need to buy a little carry one sized bag if I need to take two.

I didn’t know the nhs even had one! Will have a look. A Jug is a good idea because it can sting when you pee.

With my daughter I just took one bag, I think it’s just personal preference and how you like to organise things x

I will take carry on luggage size for me, the the changing bag for baby. Worked well last time for us! It is just preference on how you want it organised. I'd get your birthing partner to help you pack it so that they know where everything is and dont cause you stress trying to find bits when you're in labour or when they're trying to do the first nappy!

I would also just take one and fill one side with your stuff and the other side with the baby's.
If ever you need more, the hubby can go get it if you have to stay longer.x

This is very helpful, but I'm still 28 weeks, when is the best time to start packing it?

This is very helpful, but I'm still 28 weeks, when is the best time to start packing it?

I think they recommend it being done by the time you’re 32 weeks, although I’m 34 weeks today and it’s only half packed, I’m going to try to finish it today.

Just another thing to add to this. My midwife told me to bring washcloths incase you need a bed bath...guessing they don’t provide them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back