Hosp bag question. How many of each?

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Im on operation hospital bag, planning on getting everything now before im too big or sore lol.

So my question is, how many maternity pads do u generally need & how many do u pack for hosp?
I plan on using cheapy primark knickers for after instead of disposable, same price plus thought cotton be comfier. How many knickers do u think should pack?
And finally nappies, how many of those?

Thanks vvvvvvvv much in advance x

In answer to all the above questions - pack more than you think you will ever possibly use! In the first few days I was changing my pad about once every hour, so you can tell what that will do to your knickers too! And well baby needed his bum changed nearly as often as well! Plus, I had planned on being in hospital 2 days max, when in fact I was there for 5 and had to send OH out for maternity pads, as well as other bits. He was not amused!

A whole case full then lol scarey!

Another question, prob daft but how long do u bleed for after? i sound so naive lol. I really want to have plenty in cos hubby would literally die if i asked him to pick up anything like that. God knows what hed bring back lol x

Hospital most ppl aren't in more than 1-2 days I am packing two bags my one to take and one that's at home with extras in in case I'm in longer so he can go get it. Mat towels iv been told 20 packs min for after birth not to take in bag lol don't forget breast pads either I'm packing one pack of each mat and breast pads and knickers iv packed 8 pairs two nightys 2.tops and a dress to wear out as its comfy maxi type one.

I'm going with 2 packs of maternity pads, a handful of breast pads (it depends when your milk comes in), 8 pairs of knickers and probably about 15nappies (maybe more). Cheap cotton knickers are definitely best, I brought the disposable ones last time and didn't bother with them. From experience I know the hospital have pads if you need them (although they prefer you to have your own) and they also give you 1 or 2 nappies. I'm going with the thick pads for hospital but would recommend the slim line ones for when things are settling. I think I bled for 3/4weeks last time but I can't really remember x

20 maternity pads
2packs of primark knickers
20nappies

Im leavin in the boot of the car the rest of the pack of nappies in that pack an another pack of pads just incase.

But i only live a 5min drive from hosp so oh can always pop home for me xx

Last edited:
Ive bought the little angels maternity pads.
10 for 98p.. Ive bought 8 pack which i hope will do me for a week or so?! And ill get my mum or OH to pop to asda and just use the self checkout so hes not embarrased hahahaha xx

Good thinking, il stick an extra bag of pads & nappies in the car too. I got the little angels, have tesco & picked up some boots pads today so i have a selection. Looks like il need to invest in more...3-4weeks of bleeding??? ekkk!! I forgot about having periods again lol x

Have yet another possibly daft question. Im planning on bf hopefully, but just incase do u bring formula & bottles aswell?? Tnx x

Last edited:
Check with hospital.

Mine offer lil glass bottles of ready to drink sma gold i think it is if ur not BF or r really struggling.

Some hosps dont at all n u have to provide your own! Xx

Yeah some hosps have changed it now and you have to bring your own milk! Hoping to BF but, if not, I'm taking a 12 pack of the glass cow and gate bottles with the sterilised teats - they're £15 but I guess, even with this policy, they probably still have a stock just in case of BF problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back