horrid cold :(

bbee

Reaction score
Horrible horrible cold!!! I feel sick, my throat is on fire, my nose is running, my ears hurt +( anyone have any ideas on what I can do to shift this? I was told not to go to the doctors if you just got a cold as there's nothing you can really do but rest. Will my baby be okay?! Xxx

I've had so many colds since falling pregnant, it's just because your immune system lowers so your body doesn't reject baby.
Just plenty of rest, fluids and if you have a sore throat, hot water with a splash of honey and lemon (natural), for a blocked nose just inhale steam, you can use eucalyptus if you need to (just 2-3 drops), baby will be fine :)

I'm in the same boat hun, got a horrible head cold/viral thingy and it sucks not being able to take pills. I am finding baths are helping heaps, that and staying at home! Hope you feel better soon x

Hope you're feeling better chick :(
The week I found out I was pregnant I had THE worst flu in the world! I was taking ibuprofen (which you're not meant to in pregnancy apparently :shock: ) and taking sleeping tablets, the whole lot!!!

bubby is fine, so I'm sure it didn't do much damage!!

xxx

Thanks ladies! There's a nasty cold going round and I knew I'd get it!!:(xxx

Yeah there is hun, there always is when theres a sudden change in weather I find.
Rest up, plenty of fluids and good food and you'll be fine in no time!!! X

A week before i found out i was pregnant i had an horrendous cold and cause we were on holiday in rome i was soooo dosed up on extra strength paracetemol so that i could enjoy the hol but it doesnt seem to have caused any harm.

Im pretty certain i read somewhere that pregnant women can suffer a lot with colds? I was told by my doctor that i could still take normal paracetemol?

I've been taking paracetamol every four hours to keep me temp down! Yea paracetamol is safe during pregnancy :) xxx

I read on the nhs website that ibuprofen can cause miscarriage or heart defects if taken in the first two tri's..

:shock:

I feel really guilty now!!! lol xxx

Ow :-( don't worry! Think about all those women who are drug addicts and stuff!xxx

Paracetamol is fine if you don't exceed dosage, ibuprofen etc aren't good though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back