Hormones / Emotions

Geekachublog

Reaction score
My hormones are all over the place this week, I've managed to hold it together the last few weeks after being a terrible worrier, but with my scan next Weds I'm in bits today.
I broke down in the kitchen all over my husband and absolutely sobbed, I'm so terrified that my scan will bring bad news, even though I saw a hb at 8 weeks. I can't sleep and it's making me feel dreadful.

Any ideas how I can control / calm myself down?

Sorry you're feeling this way
would buying a doppler thingy not maybe reassure you?? X

To be honest, I think buying a Doppler would make me worse, if I couldn't pick up a heartbeat one day, I'd be worrying too much. :)

I was like this last week. I just gritted my teeth and then thought no point worrying. Of course I still do but had a busy week that helped and its terrible as I'm already starting to let myself believe its happening but I have the scan tomorrow and keep thinking I'm counting chickens.

I literally thought about ringing for a private scan for three days solid to put my mind at rest. Stupid hormones.

Aaww carlee try stay calm and think positive. If you seen the hb at 8 weeks and you've not had any pain or bleeding since its more than likely everything will be just perfect. Why don't you go make appointment to get your nails or hair done, pamper yourself and try chill over the weekend.

Husbands understand about the crying that's what they're there for. Big hugs.

Gill xxx

I've gone through stages like this too. I was so worried I'd have my scan and they wouldn't find a heartbeat. I didn't sleep properly for a week before it.
All I can suggest is try to keep yourself busy to take your mind off of it. You can't change what will happen so try not to work yourself up over it....although I know that's easier said than done and I'm one to talk!!

Thanks ladies, I know I need to calm down a bit, my husband is absolutely great, I couldn't ask for anyone more supportive, but I know that he's not even worried a teeny weeny bit about there being a problem.

I know I should be grateful that I'm even here, posting in Tri1 and that so many other people are worse off than I am but sometimes that's no comfort when your hormones take over.

I've told hubby that we are packing this weekend (as we are due to move house within the next month or so), hopefully that will take my mind off things.
We bought a load of stuff from a Baby Show last weekend, so I'm going to take that to my parents for safe keeping so I don't keep looking at it and thinking the worst.

Thanks for all of the support ladies, it's so nice to be able to talk to other people, even when other people are having blips, everyone is so supportive and kind and it's a very lovely, special kind of bond to form with people (especially people that you don't *really* know), makes me realise that there is good in the world and that not everything is as shit as it sometimes seems :)

Xx

Hippy side is better than panicking side
Keep her out!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member