hoping baby turns ..

jadeflorence

Reaction score
Had my 36 week appointment last Friday and baby is back to back, I'm really hoping she turns and am doing everything I can to encourage her but I know ultimately its upto her what position she's in lol she's also not engaged at all, midwife was moving her head around freely and it really freaked my mom and sister out haha hope everyone is feeling fab :) xxx

Noahs back to back aswell hun.
Has been since 34weeks an all he does is tirn half way to his side and back again lol! He will NOT turn the right way!

Its just guna be a bit more painful when pushing :(
And ull fid over the next few weeks ur BHs will hurt more in ur lower back!! God help us with real contractions!!! Xx

Noahs back to back aswell hun.
Has been since 34weeks an all he does is tirn half way to his side and back again lol! He will NOT turn the right way!

Its just guna be a bit more painful when pushing :(
And ull fid over the next few weeks ur BHs will hurt more in ur lower back!! God help us with real contractions!!! Xx

Little monkeys! I haven't experienced any braxton hicks yet either so the contractions will probably hit me like a train lol xxx

I think getting on all fours and bouncing on ball is meant to encourage baby to turn. Worth a try anyway. My first born was a back to back labour and it slows labour down and also you get a lot of your cntractions in your back. Did you arrange your tour of the hospital Jadeflorence ? xx

the midwives haven't mentioned this to me at all, my 36 week appointment she just said he was 1/5 engaged or something but didn't mention how he was lying, and i haven't experienced any Braxton hicks at all aswel jade, the mw said i probably have but just missed them, but people describe them as painful so how can they be missed lol x

They only get slightly painful in the last few weeks. Well mine have anyway.. and alot more regular.

When i 1st got them they kinda just felt uncomfortable like when baby pushes out and ur belly feels hard and tight.Id get them once ina blue moon every few days..
But not im getting 10/20 a day and i get so excited when they are close together.. then they fizzle off!

If MW hasnt mentioned about being breech or back to back then u are fine huni. back to back is fine anyway just alot more painful to push.

Check in ur notes.. where the MW writes on each app there show be a bit that says 'ENG & PRES' (engagment and presentation) i think it means.
Anyway if she said 1/5 she should have wrote that in ENG and u may see before she might have wrote 'free' where the baby wasnt engaged. If the pres says 'ceph or vertex' then baby is head down heading the right way.
She may have noted there aswell if baby is back to back but should of told u if baby is.. just to pre warn u! xx

i have noticed the tightening actually but thought it was the way Henry was laid, as i usually feel it if I've sat down for a while then stand up, yeah its always said ceph and free apart from the 36 where she wrote 1/5 eng, its amazing how they know how they are laying, i get pokey out bits all over my belly but no idea what they are lol! X

i have noticed the tightening actually but thought it was the way Henry was laid, as i usually feel it if I've sat down for a while then stand up, yeah its always said ceph and free apart from the 36 where she wrote 1/5 eng, its amazing how they know how they are laying, i get pokey out bits all over my belly but no idea what they are lol! X

Yeah there we go the tightenings are more than likely lil BHs :)

Ohh i try and guess what im feeling lol. When hes back to back he pokes right up by my belly button lol. But he loves laying on his side and kicks out to either up to my ribs or my right side and then his shoulder pokes up below my belly button which KILLS lol! xx

My baby was back to back and I was told to turn her by getting on all fours or sitting on birth ball and leaning forward (it didn't work for me, must've been too comfy for her)
Contractions were just like a really bad back ache and ached my hips but I wouldn't worry too much about it! There's still time for baba to turn, I probably left it a bit late haha x

I think getting on all fours and bouncing on ball is meant to encourage baby to turn. Worth a try anyway. My first born was a back to back labour and it slows labour down and also you get a lot of your cntractions in your back. Did you arrange your tour of the hospital Jadeflorence ? xx

Heeey love yeah I have them this Friday I also checked to see if a hospital tour is included and yet said yes as long as there's a room free so fingers crossed ill get to have a browse :) have they contacted you about yours? I ended up having to call the lady directly if you want her number? xxxxx

Thank you ladies I'm going to buy a birthing ball and try and encourage her as much as possible but I'm not too worried as long as she's healthy at the end I dot mind about the pain :) xx

Heeey love yeah I have them this Friday I also checked to see if a hospital tour is included and yet said yes as long as there's a room free so fingers crossed ill get to have a browse :) have they contacted you about yours? I ended up having to call the lady directly if you want her number? xxxxx

Ooh let us know how you get on on Friday :) I'm up the hospital myself on Friday for a chat with the consultant about my growth scans so I might mention while I'm up there about arranging a tour. I'm not doing antenatal classes so would have to arrange my own if they let me. Thanks for letting me know anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back