Hopeless

mistyblue

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry in advance - this is a long post!

We began trying last year and...nothing. After some investigations 2 years' ago because I was bleeding for weeks at a time, found my problem was caused by PCOS, so I already knew it would be harder for me to get pregnant. The gynae put me on norethisterone to stop the bleeding, which worked and cycle went back to normal . 6 months' later, we decided to start trying.

Since then, I have made a conscious effort to lose weight, as I know it can help PCOS symptoms, but last August started bleeding for weeks again. :wall2: I was referred back to the hospital and, by the time I was seen, had lost a total of 2.5 stone. As my weight had changed, the gynae asked me to go back three months' later. Since then, I have lost another 9 lbs which puts my BMI into normal range. It has now been three months and I haven't heard from the hospital about bloods (LH and FSH) they took that day. Is this because they're ok, does anyone know? In any case, the gynae was keen for me to try for a bit longer on my own before putting me on Clomid given my weight loss.

To my surprise, I have started ovulating again in the last three months and have had proper PMS for the first time in ages, which makes me more hopeful, but at 33, I just wonder sometimes if I have missed the boat.

Every month AF shows up and every month, it breaks my heart, but I suppose I should be grateful at least she is finally mostly regular. It just hurts more now because my younger sis (also with PCOS) has recently conceived naturally and it is her only topic of conversation.

I just feel like I'm going round in circles and part of me sort of wants to stop trying, because each month AF makes her appearance, I am gutted :cry: I don't want to feel like this, but I don't know how to stop wanting a baby ( if that makes sense).

My family just think I don't want kids and I would rather that they think that for now, because I don't want them to feel let down if nothing ever happens. I already think they prefer my 2 sisters who have kids/ are pregnant.

Sorry to rant, but AF arrived today, so all of this is at the forefront of my mind again. I feel a bit hopeless...

Oh hun I can understand why you feel so disheartened but it's a good sign that your AF is now on a regular cycle this will make it a lot easier to track your ovulation dates. Also having a healthy bmi helps alot when ttc. Just try and stay focused and have positive thoughts hun and I'm sure before you know it you'll get your BFP. xxx

It's very difficult isn't it? Well done on losing so much weight! You must feel so much better in yourself.
I would make an appointment with your GP to chase the results for you, hospitals usually send all results from investigations to your GP and take it from there.
Try to see your sister being pregnant with PCOS as encouragement and positivity that it will happen for you xx

Babe.sorry your feeling crap - no you have not missed your chance!!! one question tho.....how did you loose the weight?xx

I would say it's far from hopeless :) you have done an amazing job with the weight loss which in turn has resulted in your cycles being more regular which in turn means your fertility is improved. So now it's just a waiting game for your bfp.......33 is not too late :)

Agree with the others about making an appt with your GP to discuss/chase your results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back