honeymoon with it without baby?

Pregnot

Reaction score
ok so I get married on 30th may next year dilemma is baby max will only be 7 months old - do we take him on honeymoon or not?

not being selfish here in anyway but reasons for - its our honeymoon we want to relax have a break enjoy each other after having baby etc etc

But then I think

Il probs still be breast feeding
I won't want to leave him behind as we are now a family
Not just a couple

tell me what would you do??

I couldnt imagine leaving my 7 months old even for a honeymoon. Maybe postpone until he is older?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

We're planning a holiday same time next year, I wouldn't dream of doing it without baby. I know a honeymoon is different, but I also know how much I miss my pets when I go away so baby would be 100x worse!!

It all depends on how well you would cope without baby, whether you'd spend all day worrying about what they were up to etc, or if you'd like to have the break from the baby, and would relax better without him there.

Perhaps just do a romantic night in a posh hotel the night of the wedding just you 2, then take baby on honeymoon.

When we do it were going to go 4 days before then my mum n stepdad will bring the kids out for 10days :)

I couldn't leave a baby that young for a honeymoon. Its too long a period. Maybe a night or two at a stretch. You would probably spend the whole time missing them too. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think one night before in a nice hotel dinner etc without while grandparents mind then go away as a family somewhere alter all you can always do a break just the two of you when he/she is older if you really want. X

My friend got married last year when thier baby was 6 months old and they left him with grandparents - do you have to book it now? Could you see how you feel once the baby is here? You might really want a break just you two or the thought if leaving might be awful, you just don't know how you'll feel until they're here. Either way do what feels right for you! A honeymoon is a special time for you and your partner and if you would like that to be child free then do it. There is no right or wrong it's what's right for you xxx

I think it's a very personal choice.

If you feel comfortable leaving the baby then why not! You are entitled to enjoy your honeymoon.... just go with your gut xx

Regardless of choices if you do decide to go without baby make sure its not the first time you have left the baby else you will be extra anxious soc get at least a weekend in without baby before hand. Even if u don't go anywhere ueself but just so you can see how u feel x

i couldnt leave baby behind, baby is a symbol of your love too just as much as the wedding if not more so to leave baby id be leaving a part of myself and my hubby behind. some ppl prefer to have that time to themselves tho it just depends on what kind of person you are and how you feel, noone can tell you how you will feel after having baby either so maybe wait and see how you feel about it nearer the time. you might need the break from mummy duties or you might not want to miss a minute of babys life, can never predict how ppl will feel hun

I wouldn't want to tbh, I would take them with us, could someone have bubs for the wedding night?
Xxx

It's a very personal choice but I know I couldn't do it! OH and I left DS just for a few nights last year to go to prague, he was 3 at the time and he had great fun with his grandparents but I was a wreck! I just missed him too much and worried about him all the time. We are going to stick to just the odd night away for the foreseeable future as I can just about manage that hehe but even that won't be for a while. Like I said though, it's a personal choice and everyone is different. I still think its important when you're parents to get quality time together away from the children, just for me it has to be in small doses! Xxx

I totally agree that this is a personal choice. Just wanted to let you know that we waited 3 years before we went on our honeymoon and back then we didnt have kids (just getting my first now)! Money was tight and waiting so long meant we could save for that extra special holiday and it was MORE than worth the wait!!!

A romantic night in a hotel sounds like a really good idea and then "the big one" later when LO is older and able to be looked after by someone????

thanks for all your thoughts I think il leave it and see how I feel then

My oh is adamant baby will be coming he said he knows me and I won't want to leave him he's suggested a week in a log
Cabin over here with baby and dog and then booking and paying for a longer overseas honeymoon when baby is 1 yr old maybe or our 1st yr anniversary

seems like a good compromise :)

A friend of mine went away to Rome for the weekend with just her and OH, then the week after went away with her kids (she has 2) so that seems like a nice compromise? Absolutely best to see how you feel, and also what baby is like. If god forbid baby is still waking several times a night you will probably be glad of the break xxxxx

James is 8 months and we've only left him once (one evening for about 3 hours)

No way would I even consider leaving him to go away - not even for a night :shock:

I am sure when he is older we'll feel differently but at the moment we do almost everything with baby.

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I think this is one of those things you just won't know how you feel until baby I here.

My lo is 6mo and we have left her overnight 3x and next month we are going away for the weekend. We were supposed to go for a week but I think I couldn't do that yet. Next year when she's 18mo we are going away for a week.

Honestly Hun, wait till baby is here and see how you feel about it then!

See how you feel but sounds a lovely idea that your OH suggested.
Remember time for just the two of you will still be important (and rare), even its just the wedding night.
Sounds great whatever you do :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back