Homeless

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi girls last week i could honestly say its the happiest iv been me and kris get on wkd got a lovely home lil girl another on the way and iv been so excited to do my house up for xmas iv decorated my living room, i rent my property on a yearly contract with a private lanlord and i was told she wasnt planning on selling it for a good few yrs thats why i took time to make it my home, but now iv just been told i have 8weeks to move out as lanlord wants to move in im soooo upset! wot am i goin to do were am i goin to go i cant afford private renting again as it cost £900 just for a deposit :(
now im not looking forward to have this baby as life is going to be crap!

Hi Dionne,

Thats awful can your landlord do that? if you have yearly contract is it due to be renewed in 8 weeks?

8 weeks is quite short notice to find somewhere to live let alone get packed. :shock:

Sarah

Rubbish that you've been given so little notice! But won't you get your deposit back from your current place and be able to use that for a new place?

that sucks!!! have you tried to council? we have some lovely council houses/estates near where i live so there are nice ones out there.

Hope you find somewhere soon hun! x

Hi,

I was in a similar situation a while back. If you go to your local citizens advice beuro they will give you information on your rights, take your contract and stuff with you. They told me and my partner that the land lord could not make us leave and would have to take us to court, it never came to that though and we ended up leaving of our own accord after the date he gave us to leave.

If I were you I would get your name on the council housing list just in case it comes to the worst. They will give you a homeless interview and because you’re expecting a baby you should go to the top of the list, but don’t worry, you wont become homeless.

I hope it all gets sorted for you soon,
Kate & 28+1 bump

I agre, the CAB is definately the best place to go. Hope you get it sorted out, it sucks you have only been given 8 weeks, just before christmas too. Take a copy of your contract wth you to the CAB, I think its terrible that your landlord thinks they can treat you like that!!!

hi dionne, really sorry about your land lord, they seem to think that tennats are stupid and wont look into their rights. ive had this b4 when ive rented privatley a long time ago

heres a citezens advice link... might help a bit...
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/fam ... ommodation

the best piece of advice i can give u is DONT wotever u do leave it too late to get advice coz if u dont u wont be able to any help... and DONT leave the house until u've seen citizens advice....SOME and only a FEW landlords will try and get u out hopeing u dont enquire about YOUR rights....

there not all like that tho....

good luck hunny keep us posted
[/url]

Hi Dionne I am so sorry you've been put in this mess :(
I agree that you should get in touch with CAB as they can point you in exactly the right direction, and also have a word with the council as they could put you on their list to make sure you don't end up homeless. Even if they tell you that they are full etc, they HAVE to house you if you are homeless.

I hope it works out for the best sweetie. PM if you need me - xxxx

I'm in a similar - but nowhere near as bad - situation as you hun. I also rent privately and my years contract runs out in May 06. I have heard from my best friend (who knows the owner) that they are moving out of the pub they are running and want to move back. I have some problems with the plumbing and electrics at the minute and the letting agency are really dragging their heels about getting them sorted and I can't help thinking that this is because they know they are going to give us notice. :(

We only have 3 streets of council houses in my village and I have been on the list for 2 years with no joy. :( We know 4 couples who live in these houses (all close friends) so would love one of them, and they are massive! I rang the council when I heard the rumours and she said that it could take years to get one. :( I basically have to wait for one of the oldies to die!!! I asked for her advise and she advised me to rent privately again. She said that it didn't matter whether we were renting through a letting agency, or directly with the owner, we had the same rights either way. Basically, the notice period is 2 months from either party, so 8 weeks is correct. :( Sorry that this is not the news that you were looking for hun. I know this is not nice before Xmas, but you could always go down the squatting route!!! :wink:

hi girls every 6months my contract gets renewed so it will be due 1st feb but lanlord foned me and sed she wont be renewing it, its in my contract i need to have 8weeks notice...

iv scrimed and saved every penny u can imagin i managed to get £1200 iv found another house to private let i like, it nothing compared to the home i did have but it will do till i can get a mortgage should be moving in sat im in wrk now till fri so il be soooo busy packin fri night, i just cant wait to move and put up my xmas tree,,, its diors first xmas iv been lookin forward to this all yr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back