Homebirth mummies - moving house?

maybebaby

Reaction score
We're currently living in a little 2 bed, 1 reception bungalow, so are looking to move to somewhere a bit bigger. We've found a gorgeous 3 bed semi that we can afford, and as we're renting we could realistically be in within a couple of weeks if we decide to go for it (about 90% sure we will).

I'm excited about moving to this bigger house but I keep getting really upset about moving away from the house where my sons were both born. There's no way we can stay here long term though as there's just not enough space! Am I being silly/irrational? How do/did you feel about moving away?

we have no immediate plans to move away but will be having to do so in the near future - especially if I want more babies. If I think about it I get really upset about the fact I am moving away from the place my daughter was born but then I also think that I take the memories and of course the child with me so that is what is really important. Plus it'll be cool when she is a bit older to walk past and say "you were born there".

We are getting a new bed soon too, and I will be getting rid of the bed she was born in - but then I am starting to get desperaste for a bit more space so any nostalgia is short lived.

i was really really upset at moving from the place where Thomas was born :(
Arron wanted to cut out the bit of the carpet where i had him lol
its hard but im ok about it as this baby will be born here
:hug:
xx

oh no, i totally understand. i felt sad when we got a new bed last year to throw the old one on a skip- the bed my daughter was born on (and conceived on!) i think i'll be very forlorn when we eventually move house :hug:

Oh maybebaby, I totally understand how you feel! We'll have to move if we want any more babies (which we do but not for a while) and if all goes to plan, both of my babies will have been born in my living room in the pool.

I do like the idea of walking past and them always knowing that's where they were born and realistically we can't stay here forever, but like all our homes, this one will have an extra special place in our hearts. Hopefully my next babies will be born in my new home too.

The opportunity to move sounds fab - I think you should go for it!

Valentine Xxx

I really wanted a homebirth but this was a big part of the reason why I didn't! We knew we were going to put our house on the market asap after DD was born and I didn't want to have any sentimental attachment to my house. I think I would find it very hard to move if she was born at home.

Now when I go to the hospital I always look in the parking space we were in when we brought her home for the first time :lol: .

Aww I know how you feel. :hug: I'm moving next week and keep looking at the spot in my lounge where we had the pool and feeling all forlorn.

BUT - I will have a house with a garden and my other children will be born there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back