Homebirth assessment

umbongo

Reaction score
So I just had a call from my mw, meant to have my 25 week appt this week (I'll be 26 weeks) but now having one appt at home next week and it'll be my 28 week appt too! 3 in one! :) I'll be having my homebirth assessment. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Exciting!!!

In other news, off sick again today, glands are up, earache, sore throat and wisdom tooth playing up. BAD TIMES! I've taken my first paracetamol since I got pregnant! :-(

xx

Ah your so brave having a home birth! I couldn't do it! lol. Totally understand why people would want to though, sounds so much more relaxing! Good luck with the assessment and hope everything goes ok! What is it they check?

Ah hope you get well soon too. I'm off work to with a silly kidney infection again :(

xx

No idea what they check! ha! probably that you don't live in a complete hovel ;-)

I am very brave sometimes. :)

Thanks, hope you feel better soon. I've no time to be ill! xx

haha yeah! Well good luck again and let us know how it goes.

Ah i would agree but i do not feel brave at all for the birth haha petrified!!Dont think i thought about how the baby was going to come out when we were planning it haha!!

Thank you! Me either! Wishing you a speedy recovery then! Xx

Im off on sick too lol we should have a sick leave thread lol. Good luck hun, dying to hear what this assessment entails. Id like a home birth but want to have my first in hosp so i know what im letting myself in for & know whether can cope. It looks so much more relaxed & comfortable, be a lovely experience x

Oh good luck for your assesment, prob hrlps yo have them one to one st your house to ask anything you need to about hone birth too, i would love one, if i didnt need to have sections id be tempted but when it came down to it might be too scared!!

Are you hiring a pool for home? That would be fab too

They look at a few areas. Obviously any health risk factors with yourself. Regarding the house will look at access for vehicles especially an ambulance if needed. Space for a pool, floor strong enough, access to hot water, room for midwives and equipment. There is a checklist quite straightforward.

Thanks we should tick all the boxes I would think. :)

Exciting! I wish I was as brave as you, I'm jealous, I'd love a homebirth if I just had the guts to do it!

Well I'll be letting you know what they say and obviously how it all goes when it happens. I'm quite excited about the whole thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back