Home one night then back in hospital :-(

Dollie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, quick update frm me. We came home wednesday evening after 4 nights on maternity ward, spent a very unsettled nite in my own bed then when the midwife came out this morning he'd lost over 13% body weight!! turns out maternity ward didnt weigh him on day 3 or when discharged as they should! Bloods showed hes de-hydrated so we're spending the nite backt in hospital on childrens ward doing combined formula and breast feeding. His jaundice levels are up but still under threshold so no need to repeat the phototherapy at the moment. He'll be having repeat blood tests in the morning to see how things have improved. Hes feeding well tho so hopefully its just one nite. Fuming that maternity ward didnt pick up on this though!! x

Hey chick, hope your well. Thats terrible that they didnt weigh him before he left. Im sure he'll be ok, my DD was pre-term at 36 weeks and she was jaundice and lost quite abit of her body weight (cant remember how much excatley) and after a few weeks she came round and shes a healthy 9 year old now. Its good that hes taking his feeds too chick. Hope yous arent in there for long, good luck xxx

Oh that's really quite negligent of the maternity ward! I hope things improve quickly and u r ok. Babies bounce back really well so glad u have plan in place now with lots of feeding xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that x hope he's out again super fast x

Sorry to hear you've had to go back - hopefully you'll be able to get home again soon and LO will put the weight back on quickly. Xx

That's awful!!! Thomas was 36 weeks and 6lb 4oz he lost quite a bit of weight too hope your ok though xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back