Home Births

I know. How loud do you talk? I NEED MORE CHAIRS FOR DINNER dingdong heres 4 :lol:

Atleast you benefited from it.

Youll need a gag if you have a HB, can you imagine next door chipping in? PUUUUSH YOUR ALMOST THERE :lol:

xxxx

Where do people usually birth anyway at home? Like the kitchen or just anywhere? Im trying to envision me in the livingroom I would have a new convo peice for visitors thats for sure.

At least shes not unhelpful. Like you says never know when you need an ear for safety reasons.

xxxx

I was thinking of setting up the birth pool in the dining room area. Got my mw appt next week and my vbac clinic appt so going to talk to them some more about it and let them know I'm serious about it all. Thank you for all your comments very helpful :) xx

I am hoping for a home birth. I can plan for one, and then decide how I feel on the day. I just remember when I was in labour with my first, I'd have given anything to have just stayed at home.

That said, I was a bit of a screamer, so might have to forewarn the neighbours! Although they're super old, so hopefully they're a bit deaf!!

Good luck with whatever you decide. xx

I birthed in bed. I was on the bathroom floor when midwife arrived but she moved me onto the bed (on top of all of our towels) and I stayed there (on all fours) for the duration. Definitely get a cheap shower curtain of you are considering a home birth!

Like the shower curtain idea. I imagined that plastic Dexter uses to keep his mess contained :lol:

Spose thats a nice thought to know perhaps baby was birthed where conceived.

xxxx

I'm planning a homebirth as my plans were scuppered first time and ended up with emcs and the hospital were bloody rude and awful mostly. I am considering a doula as well, that way my daughter can have my husband on hand if grandparents aren't living up here by then or she's upset etc.
I am very passionate about low intervention births and the mother having the choices and unfortunately hospitals don't often respect that.
Here they won't let you use the birthing centre if you're a vbac either.
I have the birthing pool from first time and sheets etc so it's all sorted, just the consultant to argue with.....apparently the SoM true is pretty good and my MW seems okay with it too.
Good luck to everyone! I know it's never a given what will happen but there is nothing wrong with trying to have the best birthing experience you can. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back