Home births?

mermaid

Reaction score
If any mums here have had a home birth and would like to share their experience, I would be very grateful! I love the idea (although it is a long way ahead), but my partner says it is a definite NO! He believes it would be very unsafe for whatever reason, and I don't think I would be able to persuade him otherwise. :think:

I'm going to have a home birth as I can't stand hospitals and i've mad sur ei've told my midwife what I want and it's up to me and DH is happy if i'm happy so that's that :dance:

whats a birthing centre? is that the hosptial??? :?

a brthing centre is a MW led place they try n make it as homely (spl) as possible for u

My SIL has had 3 home births, including her first. As long as you listen to the advise of your midwife, and consider hospital if there are any complications, go for it!

Thanks. I guess ultimately I have to make the final decision, not my partner! I haven't heard of a birth centre in my area though. Will have to look into that one.

yeah worth looking into
and it is up to u hun ur the one going thro it

i was going to have a home birth but my beautiful baby couldn't wait for the toilet (2) so i had to go in... :roll: the run up to the the actual birth was fantastic the mw's used to come to me at home no waiting in docs surgery, and i always had 2 mw's, and they always said if i changed my mind i can always go to the hospital and they would come with me, that was nice as at least i knew who was going to be there.....xxxxxxxxx

That sounds lovely Amy. I like the idea of having continuity of care with the midwives. I have heard some horror stories about the NHS recently due to the staff shortage, and it does worry me slightly.

I was also planning on a hmoe birth and loved the idea but I am now a week overdue so looks like I will prob end up having little man in hospital. I have a birthpool ina box set with the optional set that obviously hasn't been used if anyone is interested? I think if all goes according to plan though a homebirth would be lovely.

Wishing you the best of luck Bex, whatever happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back