Holidays and flying

snowbee

Reaction score
Hi ttc ladies,

What do you do about booking holidays/flights? We are ttc have been since Dec. My sister wants me to book flights with her for a family get together in Jan. In a 'normal' pregnancy how long can you fly for?

Knowing our luck we won't be pg and therefore not a problem but in a moment of optimism I wondered if I could actually fly in Jan if we conceived soon?

I don't want to tell anyone we are ttc so not sure what I would tell sister for not booking with her anyway. Maybe I will just book it and deal with it if I can't fly at a later date. Fights are only going to be a budget airway so I suppose it won't be the end of the world if I book it and lose it although obviously would prefer not to waste the money when it is tight.

Thanks, cookies all round :)

Hey, didn't want to read and run so thought I'd give you a bump ;)

I'm honestly not sure the answer to your question.

I got this off the nhs website "Some women prefer not to travel in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy because of the exhaustion and nausea they experience in this early stage. The risk of miscarriage is also higher in this stage of pregnancy.
However, if you feel well and have discussed it with your GP, there’s no reason why you can’t travel during this time.
Most airlines will not allow you to travel after week 36 of pregnancy, or week 32 if you’re pregnant with twins or multiples"

It did also say that check with the airline cause each one can have a different policy.

Hope that helps :)

Know what you mean about making plans. I'm a bridesmaid at a wedding next August and will probably be going dress shopping soon. No bfp yet and we're not telling anyone about TTC but font know how to say hang fire on the dress buying front as I might not be this size!

Good luck with the TTC

I think it is about 7 months. It's not just the airlines you need to consider but also travel insurance. Some may be 28 weeks, some 32, some 36.

X

I just think you can't put your life on hold for TTC as what if you don't book and for some reason or another don't manage to fall pg and you then can't go the holiday. We started trying in nov last year and I thought I was going to be going to my friends wedding this weekend with a big baby bump but no my baby didn't make it so that's not going to happen. Of course you need to be positive but don't put your life on hold xxx

I also agree don't put your life on hold for ttc. It's so straining and stressful having a holiday look forward to may take your mind off it a little. I think you can fiy until about 27 weeks as already said. Get it booked enjoy yourself :) xxx

I'm not worried about putting life on hold, as I would go anyway (it is in driving distance, just easier and cheaper to fly) I was just wondering whether to leave booking flights until later on in the year.

Thanks for all your answers :)

I flew when i was 5weeks before, no problems except i thought i was going to be sick everywhere!!

Don't they say pregnant women are at higher risk of deep vein thrombosis? That might be why some people suggest avoiding it xxx

I turned down a holiday last year expecting to be pregnant but I wasn't and I wish I'd gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back