Holiday Sunshine Nightmare

MrsRoger

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies,

I am currently 19+4 with twinnies and on holiday, I am normally blessed with skin that just needs the sun to wink at it and I go golden brown. I can usually get away with just a factor 15 the whole time I am away.

I am completely burnt to a crisp I purchased factor 50 and applied it all day and sat in the shade whilst on the beach or at the pool, I was in the water for all of about 30 mins and my chest is red raw :-(

Does anyone have any tips?? Only 4 days into a 2 weeks holiday and don't want this to ruin it. Xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh no, your skin is more sensitive when you're pregnant but you used factor 50! Keep out of the sun, drink lots of water and moisturise frequently x

Yeah i agree.. Keep hydrated and cover any burnt areas.
I burn quite easily anyway and it's a nightmare! X

quite glad I read this, I'm off to teneriffe on Friday and we were only taking factor 15 because its March. might get a 50.

You need to rehydrate yourself. moisturise every night before bed, up your water intake and slather on the factor 50.

I would be tempted to use kids SPF and go up to maybe 100 if you can get it. They make the kids' stuff extra strong and extra waterproof so it might help.
Also, try aloe vera for your sunburn. The best one I've found is Carrot Sun's ... don't know if you can get it on holiday, but they do post it everywhere so you may be able to get it in time.
http://www.carrotsun.co.uk/products/aloe-vera-after-sun-gel

Maybe try some natural yogurt to help if the sunburn is sore. It really helps to take the sting out.

Its something to do with your hormones (bloody things!!) in my 2nd pregnancy i went to Gran Canaria and like you i tan so easily, the only place that caught the sun was the tops of my legs they burnt so bad they almost blistered and the other place was above my lip i had a lovely sun tan moustache!!!!

I'm off to Cyprus in May and ill be wearing kids factor 50 everyday.

A good sunburn relief if you can get it is sudo creme, spread it all over the burnt area thickly before bed and in the morning its usually much better.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday xxxx

Oh no! Hope it heals soon there is nothing worse. I am like this every year pregnant or not! I always use kids spf 50 and still burn. It's what I get for being a strawberry blonde lol xxx aloe vera is the best thing for sun burn in my opinion, I use it all the time of it burn (which is often in summer). Also drinking plenty is very important xx

I agree Aloe Vera is best for sun burn.
But if you can't find any where you are I second the natural yoghurt, it's supposed to be really good for cooling sunburn (we always used it when I was a kid).

Hellloooo, so a combination of kids factor 50 and wearing a t-shirt in the sea has really help, still going a lovely colour but safely!! Having a wonderful time now that I have it under control, due home on Saturday xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back