Holiday Plans Question

Linzie2012

Reaction score
We're looking to go on holiday the last 2 weeks of September as a "Babymoon" We cannot go until September as our work will not allow any holidays June - September.

At the time I will be 28 weeks, & airlines dont allow flying 32 weeks plus.

Would you fly at 28weeks & holiday for a fortnight, or save on it until after the baby as arrived?

I went to Greece at 28 weeks and its the best thing I did! Yes it was hot and I was swollen but to walk down to the beach and swim in the sea every day was bliss!
If I were you I'd do it and enjoy it!!

I personally wouldn't. I felt so heavy with my son at 28 weeks and so uncomfortable but everyone is different. But it might be the last chance for you to go away as a couple with no children for many years. I wouldn't myself but on the other hand why not! xxxx

Tbh, everyone's different, I was all set to book away this time as I had it sooo easy with DD, but we've opted for a caravan in uk instead, cos I'm much more uncomfy at 28 weeks this time than I was last time.

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

If I had the money I'd be going but my daughters off to uni so so much to buy with that and baby. Go have fun and make me jealous x

I would and have flown at 28 weeks. Once the baby comes it could take a while before you and l o are ready to be on a plane. If you are up for it, I say go for it. Maybe ask your mw for an opinion too?

I went at 22 weeks to turkey and had a great time but if am honest at 28 weeks I don't think I would simple reason if I did go into early laout it would be weeks maybe months before I could take baby home I'm more aware if things going wrong now since my losses I'm in a dilemma myself although not pregnant yet but could be wen we want to go there is no way of knowing but my personal decision would be no I wouldn't fly at 28 weeks x

At the moment I'll be just short of 25 weeks when we go on holiday to France which means I'll be almost 28 weeks for the return journey. Fortunately the flight is only 2 hours. I have seen you can fly up to 32 weeks in general but I have booked with Jet2 and their policy says I have to have a doctor's note to travel at 28 weeks and beyond so I might just sneak in without needing on. It might be smart to look into anyway. Definitely worth checking individual flight operators' policies. Also need to check on insurance policies too. xxx

I'll be going to the Dominican republic at 27 weeks

The travel time and heat worries me :-\

I'll probs book the Canaries so a 4 hour flight from Cardiff.

I'm not booking anything until I see my mid wife next week when I go for my bloods.

I would love to go, shame the company we work for dont allow them sooner. I've only got 2 weeks annual leave left & be lovely to use it away on holiday with hubby & bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back