Holiday ideas please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tambo1976, Jun 6, 2013.

1. tambo1976

tambo1976 Well-Known Member

Were looking to book a holiday somewhere in the sun but searching for inspiration!

It has to be within a 3 hour flight, we don't want to holiday in the UK because of weather. We are also looking for a budget location. 2 years ago we went to Cyprus which was just stunning but there's no way we could afford something like that again.

So, hot, cheap, kiddie friendly and not hours away! idea's please ladies! x

2. beckyboo1

beckyboo1 Well-Known Member

We went to porta pollensa in Majorca last year- 2 and a bit hour flight and a lovely place

Stayed in Thomson family hotel about 15 Min walk from the main area- lots of lovely restaurants and nice small beaches.

3. Lolly85x

Lolly85x Well-Known Member

We're going to Tenerife in Sept, it's 4 hours away though but has great reviews for kids and everyone iv spoke to loves it.

I also love Salou. It's less than 3 hours :) nice beach, Porta Ventura. Waterparks xxx

4. CARNAT22

CARNAT22 Well-Known Member

The exchange rate on the € is so crap you aren't going to find anywhere with a 3 hour flight that is cheap (when you get there!)

I would maybe look for AI deals, I personally hate them BUT they eliminate a lot of additional costs?

xxxxxxx

5. tambo1976

Sorry for being dumb lol, whats an AI deal? x

6. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

All inclusive maybe ? X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

7. Nicnax

Nicnax Well-Known Member

Stalking this, as we are thinking of the same! Looked at Balearic s so far- relatively short flights Tec. :)

8. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

Were going salou nxt week is less then 2hr flight and our all inc cost 1400 for 4 adults n haby.
    Plenty to do and lots of lovely lil towns near by all accessible by public transport x

9. tambo1976

That sounds brilliant! Who did you book that with? X

Blimey ofc lol! Thanks x

tapatalkin

10. CARNAT22

Yep sorry, All Inclusive.

I've done a few (never in Europe) and I'm not a fan. They are handy cost wise but I do find them restrictive.

However they may well be a good idea for your family as there won't be many costs once you get to your destination??

xxxxxxxx

11. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

Another vote here for puerto pollensa :) we also went with Thompson and stayed at a hotel called the playa mar which we loved and was very kiddie friendly. Xxx

12. CARNAT22

Menorca is meant to be a lovely family destination. Think we'll head there next summer.

xxxxx

13. tambo1976

I've been to Majorca twice and it was beautiful and I did look into menorca as it is apparently similar but it is really expensive sadly. Last time we went all inclusive and it really does save a fortune.

Looking for somewhere with a maximum budget of 2k for 2 adults, 2 children and an under 2 year old. Seems a tall order right now lol x

Weird thing is to holiday in this country is close to a grand for a week in a bloody caravan! X

tapatalkin

14. Natalie_reid

Natalie_reid Well-Known Member

Tunisia is just over 3 hours, not sure if you'd fancy it x

15. tambo1976

Tbh I'd be willing to go further if it meant we got the holiday cheaper lol x

tapatalkin

16. Lolly85x

I don't mind all inclusive. We always still have a lunch out, and a dinner if we see somewhere we fancy. With the euro being a bit crap you can end up paying quite a lot for meals... When we went to Salou 2 years ago we were at least 20euro everyday for breakfast and 60euro minimum for dinner, and that was just 2 of us. And when you have kids wanting juice, ice cream and snacks it adds up to a fortune. If you get a nice good hotel all inclusive is amazing. We're going this year and I can't wait xx

17. Gayle30

Gayle30 Well-Known Member

Im going to tenerife in september. We chose there as we took my nephew who was 5 at the time and found it to be kiddy friendly. Took him to lanzarote when he was 3 and he loved it there. I find most places kiddy friendly to be honest. But it comes down to personal choice. Im with lolly on the all inclusive. Anywhere in europe is gonna cost a bomb with the exchange. Xx

tapatalking

18. Lolly85x

Totally agree Gayle. We got cheap flights and hotel to Salou, but it's the actual spending money. We booked separate flights and hotel ourself but would probably have been cheaper going with a travel agent who included transfers etc...! Roll on Sept till were in Sunny Tenerife!!! Iv been buying W holiday clothes already xxx

19. Gayle30

Gayle30 Well-Known Member

Ive had her suitcase packed for months. Haha. But had to open it for things to wear this last week. It's been so watm here and we didnt expect it! 10 weeks to go! Xx

tapatalking

20. Lolly85x

I'm 3 months 10 days! So excited. William has his own 20kg!! It's great :) I'll be wanting tips from you when your back before I go xx