Holiday before would know if positive

milkybar

Reaction score
Hi all,

So this week is the first fertile period i've been ttc in. We're not using anything to show ovulation, just me guessing via side pain and Ovia app. We dtd once on what i think was a prime day, and long story short i don't think we will again this fertile period.

We're going on holiday next week and af is due the day we leave to return home. So i wouldn't know if there's af coming or a possible bfp until after the holiday. I know it's possible we could have conceived, but i also know probability wise it's also unlikely. My Q, how advisable it is to have a drink etc until we find out? I don't drink heavily at all, at most it would be a glass of wine each evening, which i would probably turn into spritzers. In this situation do you think that would be ok, or best to opt out altogether? I don't want to miss out having an occasional drink on holiday just to find af there when get home. But equally very conscious of the fact there is a chance so don't want to if any risk of drinking whilst pregnant. Worried first timer - would the odd drink on first unknown few weeks be ok!?

Some ladies dont drink at all in their TWW. I am not a big drinker but personally never worried about it. I wouldn't feel comfortable about heavy drinking but felt fine about the odd drink until I got my BFP. If you will feel guilty or worry about it though its probably not worth it if you just end up not enjoying it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it; af isn't due until just before you come home anyway and most people still drink in their tww. Just enjoy your holiday and fingers crossed for when you get back

I personally always drank in my tww. drink until it's pink as they say. I was also told that to start with the baby gets all its nutrition from within the egg so no harm can be done for the first few weeks. I don't know that for definite though. Enjoy yourself

I didn't drink in my last tww but this time I'm not gonna bother being all healthy and stuff and just enjoy a drink I'd we have one, not to go mad but not to worry either. I say enjoy your holiday. Take a test with you on holiday that way if af doesn't show you could test and check x

It's only on the day before they come back though Darcy so won't make much difference to the holiday. If it were half way through I'd suggest a test... but wouldn't wanna ruin the holiday fretting about a test.

I think it's best to just enjoy the holiday and if af doesn't show test when you get back

Thanks for the responses and opinions. If i was at home in tww i wouldn't drink at all, as generally don't drink at home unless there's an occasion. But on holiday i do a little more with a glass of wine during dinner. What was leaning me towards it being ok is that there must be loads of people who don't know they're pregnant who drink more/usual amount before they're aware.

So thanks for the reassurance! Ellen that sounds logical, a little biology is good to have in my corner. I'll enjoy as i would usually would, and hope there's a nice surprise when i get back home :)

It's only on the day before they come back though Darcy so won't make much difference to the holiday. If it were half way through I'd suggest a test... but wouldn't wanna ruin the holiday fretting about a test.

I think it's best to just enjoy the holiday and if af doesn't show test when you get back
I didn't read it right lol yeah as Donna says enjoy your hols x

Fingers crossed :)

Would be nice to come back home to a bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back