Holiday at 15 weeks?

Outofsync

Reaction score
Hi I’m jumping ahead of myself but we have a holiday booked for when I will be 15 weeks and not sure what to do it’s short haul 4 hour flight just wondered how you are all feeling and if I should cancel or do you think I’ll be ok? X

I think it would be ok! I’m 16 weeks and I feel great - would love a holiday rn lol! I took a 5+ hour rural drive at 14 weeks and I was uncomfortable in the car, bit bloated and over it but all manageable :)

With my first I went to New York at 11 weeks, to the Philippines when I was 22 weeks and Thailand when I was 28 weeks! I would highly recommend compression stockings and would buy several bottles of water after security in the airport. I never had an issue aside from being uncomfortable.:lol: I'd go for it!!

I was still crippled by morning sickness at 15 weeks but most people are over the worst of it by then. 4hrs isn’t a long flight, just make sure you drink lots of water, also get an aisle seat so you can move around every hour (you’re more prone to blood clots when pregnant). I think you’ll be fine. Tri 2 is the best time to travel :) x

I went skiing at 13 weeks with my first! Dr told me it was fine. I did feel quite bleugh and just wanted my home conforts though. I was also knackered.

Agree with the other ladies - chances are you'll feel ok at that stage. Im flying to Canada at 13-15 weeks this time and went to India at 22 weeks with my son. Aisle seat, loads of water and ALL THE SNACKS :)

I have booked extra leg room seats no I’m not supposed to sit in the emergency exit seats but as my bmi was 29 pre pregnancy think I can hide any bump in baggy clothes etc and just not tell them and be more comfy and able to get up and move around Thanks for the tips on water and snacks let’s hope I don’t feel sickness then! X

I have booked extra leg room seats no I’m not supposed to sit in the emergency exit seats but as my bmi was 29 pre pregnancy think I can hide any bump in baggy clothes etc and just not tell them and be more comfy and able to get up and move around Thanks for the tips on water and snacks let’s hope I don’t feel sickness then! X
I am a flight attendant and I know that pregnant women are not allowed to sit at the emergency exit, but when in doubt they can ask you. But at 15 weeks you will not even be showing yet. You will probably only get a bump near the 5 month mark since it's your first! Be aware that if you need an extension belt at the emergency exit, they are allowed to move you. But ask them if you can return to you seat during the flight as it's only for take off and landing.x

I am a flight attendant and I know that pregnant women are not allowed to sit at the emergency exit, but when in doubt they can ask you. But at 15 weeks you will not even be showing yet. You will probably only get a bump near the 5 month mark since it's your first! Be aware that if you need an extension belt at the emergency exit, they are allowed to move you. But ask them if you can return to you seat during the flight as it's only for take off and landing.x
I’m two stone lighter than last time I flew and didn’t need an extension belt then so hope I’ll be ok and can just hide it xx

I went to gran canaria whilst 15 weeks and honestly it was fabulous! So relaxing x

I would be guided by how you feel. For me personally, I was extremely well throughout my whole pregnancy and did go to Spain around 17 weeks. I really did feel normal and just packed my maternity notes with me. You'll know if you feel well enough.

I’d say that all should be perfectly fine to fly at 15 weeks. You’ll only just be in 2nd trimester then.

Unless you have morning sickness that you feel you wouldn’t cope with I am sure you’ll feel fine !
I am currently in Crete and 26 weeks pregnant. Flight was 4 hours. I hated it because I had rob pain and a bad back just on that day..... :-O
But otherwise felt fine the second half of the flight. Make sure you get compression stockings (better being safe than sorry!)
I had to cancel the seats on the emergency exits because obviously I had a big bump but o asked the airline for the front seats (agreeing that if somebody really disabled needed it more than me I would give it up).
I had a normal s’est on the way to Crete but will coup have extra room on the way back.

To be honest the best is to get an aisle seat. So you can get up whenever you want. Plenty to drink, plenty of snacks, compression socks and you’ll be fine. As long as you don’t suffer from sickness you’ll feel great :)

I’ve just been on holiday at 12 going into 13 weeks and was fine.
All’s I would say is you get hotter quicker so make sure you drink plenty of water and stay cool. Also you are more likely to get a stomach bug (which I did) so be careful with drinks etc

I just flew from Asia to Europe - 12hr flight - last week at 13 weeks and it was totally fine. All great tips above - isle seat, compression socks and extra water. I would suggest also bringing a snack as I thought airplane food with pregnancy-enhanced sence of smell was NOT a good combo and I was so happy to have my oat and honey cookies and an apple instead of having to eat the pork stew they served...

I had to get up and pee every 2 hours but was otherwise totally comfortable. And now on the holiday I am totally enjoying myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back