Hogan court case

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
The man who jumped off the balcony with both he's kids has been told by the judge he did not ' Murder' the little boy :x

He will spend 3 yrs in a mental hospital... i think this is wrong he should have been done for murder

I think that if he was mental,he should be in a mental hospital,not prison

Imagine having to live with that :shock:

I feel really bad for all of them to be honest. He's obviously really ill and needs help, he has a history of mental problems in his family.

Equally I can fully understand the mothers anguish. I can totally see why she wants her daughter to have nothng to do with him.

If it was me I'd want him on prison too.........

I cant imagine the horror the mother is going through and I do really feel for her, but I do think the right decision was made. He obviously needs psychiatric help, and was not responsible for his actions. I have a schizophrenic brother in law (to be) who before he was diagnosed tried to stab their mother to death. Thankfully he was stopped before that happened, and was sectioned. His illness is now under control and he leads a relatively normal life. I think if he had been put in prison instead of hospital he would have done alot worse in the future.

+he will be out in no time. they always are when they plead insanity.

i havent really followed the case.

id have wanted him in prison.

personally i think the right decision has been made too. I also think the mother has some blame in it too....why drag your husband an children on a holiday to play happy families if you knew you were gonna divorce him? That bloke (apparently) would do anything for his kids. I think he was a scared, very ill man that too the only option he thought was right at that split second in time and tried to leave with his kids....

I am in no way condoning what he did to his children. I also would never forgive him but he is a very ill man and he needs help. his guilt alone will be a life sentence

We must also remember that both of his brothers suffered from depression and committed suicide, so mental illness obviously runs in the family. I agree that the guilt and horror of what he did will be more than enough punishment for him, more so than any prison sentence.

This whole case is terrible :cry:

I don't know, I must be really unsympathic but if ANYONE chucked my little boy from a balcony to his dead and then picked up my daugther and jumped with her, all the while my son was dying alone on the cold concrete below. I don't care how ill you were, I'd want you to rot in hell.

Its heartbreaking.

Misslarue said:

I don't know, I must be really unsympathic but if ANYONE chucked my little boy from a balcony to his dead and then picked up my daugther and jumped with her, all the while my son was dying alone on the cold concrete below. I don't care how ill you were, I'd want you to rot in hell.

Its heartbreaking.

I agree 110% with all you have said Misslarue!!

And,
Although he needs help mentally, 3 years to me is nothing, he killed his own son who had everything ahead of him!! It sickens me!!

Misslarue said:

Its heartbreaking.

I agree... :) .... Isn't it the easy way out to claim insanity :think: ... i wanna knw where he will do the 3yrs i hope where ever he is now and i hope its horrible for him :evil:

i dont know about this he obviously was very ill because he did actually jump himself he needs help and i think in time he will really feel so bad which doesnt help bring the little boy back but part of living is forgivness if he was in his right mind i dont think he would have done it i feel so bad for the mother though rip little man

also id like to say there are a lot of mothers who have killed their children when suffering with depression and got put into mental institutes such as andrea yets who drowned her five children so i think you have to look at it from both sides i dont know how i'd react if it were my kids but thats why the courts decide because they are not biased im sure his life will be hell from now on i do think he should have been sentanced more than 3 years though.

hannahbet20 said:
also id like to say there are a lot of mothers who have killed their children when suffering with depression and got put into mental institutes such as andrea yets who drowned her five children so i think you have to look at it from both sides i dont know how i'd react if it were my kids but thats why the courts decide because they are not biased im sure his life will be hell from now on i do think he should have been sentanced more than 3 years though.

I understand what you're saying about there being a lot of mothers killing their children but without sounding rude they arent all over the news at the moment and i'm sure if they were we'd have something to say about them too. But i think the NHS etc.. dont help matters, this man really did need help and no one did help him, a lot of people are killing themselves recently like all them teenagers that have been on the news, but who helped them too??

i do agree mental illness is a big topic ive suffered with depression its tough but a lot of people are just handed a drug prescription and thats it it really does need looking into i just think that really he must have felt pretty awful to do something that desperate not excusing him but the nhs doctors and family and friends should be made more aware of depression and its signs and how to help people its tragic and maybe could have been avoided

hannahbet20 said:
........i dont know how i'd react if it were my kids but thats why the courts decide because they are not biased

This is what I was thinking this morning (Glad I don't have to make the decision)
It's a lot easier to be compassionate/understanding when you are on the outside. Taking a step back, the man is obviously ill and needs help. Lets face it, no sane person would chuck their little boy over a balcony and then jump with their daugther.
But then I thought, what if that was Stu and he had threw Dan over a balcony to his death. No matter how great a husband or father he was, no matter how sorry he was or how much he needed help, I would never ever forgive him. I would hate him until his dying breath. That poor boy, that poor woman :cry:
I read today that she fainted as people were trying to revive her little boy. I can't imagine what she was going through.

The whole thing must be one long living nightmare :cry:

Misslarue said:
hannahbet20 said:
........i dont know how i'd react if it were my kids but thats why the courts decide because they are not biased

This is what I was thinking this morning :think:
It's a lot easier to be compassionate/understanding when you are on the outside. Taking a step back, the man is obviously ill and needs help. Lets face it, no sane person would chuck their little boy over a balcony and then jump with their daugther.
But then I thought, what if that was Stu and he had threw Dan over a balcony to his death. No matter how great a husband or father he was, no matter how sorry he was or how much he needed help, I would never ever forgive him. I would hate him until his dying breath. That poor boy, that poor woman :cry:
I read today that she fainted as people were trying to revive her little boy. I can't imagine what she was going through.

The whole thing must be one long living nightmare :cry:

I feel exactly the same as you Misslaurue! Such a hard situation!! poor lil boy :cry:

Isn't it the easy way out to claim insanity
Not if you are genuinely mentally ill.. its not a nice situation to be in and we are all capable of this. Its obvious he loved his son and I would hate to have to live with myself if that was me :(

Say he was thrown in jail, do you think the problem would be solved? Of course not, he would harm himself and others still and then the wee boys death would be even more pointless. If he gets help and sorts his mental state out, at least hes on the right path again.. even though someone had to die to get him to that point.

I feel sorry for all for them, I can't imagine what his wife is feeling :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back