Hitting himself

Flame

Reaction score
My son keeps thumping himself in the head :? especially when he is tired. Is this normal? or is he odd?

i dont think hes odd hun emma does it too and if i tell her to stop she then does it even more so i just try to ignore it as much as i can :hug:

I was reading about this today in my toddler book! It said.....

These self-comforting activities are seen most commonly among intense children and practised most commonly at night, when these little fireballs are brimming with energy and tension that needs releasing. Comfort activities, like comfort objects, are normal in toddlers, and when exhibioted in a happy, well-adjusted child are no cause for concern.

It goes on to suggest you can set a good bedtime routine but not send them up too early, provide release with other kinetic toys like drums etc, and play lots of rhtyhmic games during the day to provide an outlet.

Stanley does this occasionally at night and I think it's because he's never had a comfort blankie or favourite teddy. Looks like it's nothing to worry about!

Oh thank god for that. Thanks ladies. I really do need to get him into some kind of bedtime routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back