Hipp organic milk for reflux

tiaflame

Reaction score
I've just been reading that hipp organic is recommended for reflux babies, has anyone tried it and does it help? We are currently using cow and gate anti reflux but if hipp organic works I'd like to try it. Any experience anyone? Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmm thats interesting! I moved my LO over to Hipp around the same time i stopped giving her Gaviscon. I thought that she had just got over her reflux problem, but maybe it was the Hipp??

she has been pooping every day no problem at all since being on Hipp. In fact before I started Hipp I had her on Gaviscon, colief, and gripe water. Now i only give her a little gripe in her water of a morning and have stopped all the meds. She is a different baby!

oh just a tip. If you are going to move over keep one of the tins of the milk you use just now. Hipp is just a cardboard box with a foil bag inside. I prefer to transfer it over to an Aptimel milk tub as it just seems like it would keep it more sterile. And less mess too

DS had bad reflux and colic and when I moved him onto HIPP organic both cleared up pretty quickly x I loved this formula

I used hipp with my first, but nowhere seemed to stock it second time, wish they had cos she had bad reflux! I used a lock&lock box for mine! The powders a different consistency to other brands so might have something to do with that!

I changed him to hipp this morning and so far so good. He's less trumpy than normal already! The only thing I've noticed is he isn't eating so much, he was having 6-7 oz bottles before and today he's only been taking 5oz. Do you think that could be because he wasn't recognising when he was full before and was just comfort eating maybe? He also hasn't had hiccups today which he normally gets 2-3 times a day, so fingers crossed this will be all good.

And thanks for the tip I transferred the powder into an old c&g box, xxx

I changed to hipp for colic. It's great. It's got a prebiotic in it which really helps the little ones tummies.

Had to change back- it just wasn't satisfying him. Went from having 7oz of reflux milk to only taking 5oz of hipp and wouldn't take anymore but then crying and fist sucking. Made him a few ounces of his usual milk after a bottle of hipp and ended up eating 9oz in one go and then next bottle time he had 10oz!!! Then he slept from 7.30pm til 4.30am!! Xx

Had to change back- it just wasn't satisfying him. Went from having 7oz of reflux milk to only taking 5oz of hipp and wouldn't take anymore but then crying and fist sucking. Made him a few ounces of his usual milk after a bottle of hipp and ended up eating 9oz in one go and then next bottle time he had 10oz!!! Then he slept from 7.30pm til 4.30am!! Xx

thats interesting. What reflux milk do you use?

I still have lots of 200ml cartons of Aptimel about, and I was planning on giving her one just to see if she finishes it or takes the same. Just out of interest to me, as she does seem to get on really well with Hipp

thats interesting. What reflux milk do you use?

I still have lots of 200ml cartons of Aptimel about, and I was planning on giving her one just to see if she finishes it or takes the same. Just out of interest to me, as she does seem to get on really well with Hipp

We use cow and gate reflux milk. Xx

What formula are you using now tiaflame?

LO is on Aptamil reflux but thinking of switching to C&G or possibly HIPP. I find LO poo is like pebbles he doesn't cry but there must be a formula that might suit him. X

We are back on cow and gate anti reflux. Tried the normal hipp and he wasn't hardly taking any of it and then was crying an hour later because he was hungry. Xx

Mmm maybe I'll stick with Aptamil reflux then. What's your LO's poos like with the C&G? X

They can vary, sometimes they are like playdough, sometimes soft and korma like, sometimes like proper adult poo and sometimes a mixture of them all in one nappy lol xx

Thanks xx Ha yeah sounds very similar to LO then. It varies from korma to adult poo. Mmm maybe will stick with it then or switch to C&G reflux xx

Oh what I meant to say is that aptimil and c&g are exactly the same except aptimil is more expensive, I was told this by midwife, hv and lady at c&g helpline, so if you switch to c&g nothing will change except your purse will be better off :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back