Hipp milk

Gayle30

Reaction score
so,switched to hipp last Week in a hope to help my 17WK baby girl who has reflux which Was getting Worse. the GP changed the strength of her Ranitadine and shes not been sick much since last week! Huge step forward. No more screaming in pain, arching back and pooping once or twice a day.

But.......

She fusses now with every bottle. Takes me approx 2hrs to get her to take 3oz if she doent want it. She was on 6oz of sma 5 times a day.

My question is, is this milk different to the others, ie is it filling her up so she doesnt need as much?? She simply refuses most bottles and has only had about 19oz today. Whats going on? Not teething, mouth is fine, well in herself and very happy. Just on bottle strike. Its draining having to fight her. All I have done for days is srruggle. Hv coming on monday.....monday feels forever away right now. Can anyone help me? Xxxx

tapatalking

The consistency between milks can vary I've found. Is she happy enough taking less? It could just be a phase where she's not as hungry or do you feel that she's still hungry and not getting enough?

Mummy to Gracie 26/10/11

I meant to say this morning Gayle that k had a few days last week where he wasn't as hungry as normal, so it could be the same thing. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shes defo happy taking less and is still sleeping through 12 hours. I suppose im worried cause shes only just on 25th centile and cant afford to drop weight. In desperation last night I gave her a ready made sma. She normally loves it but refused it too. Maybe shes just not hungry. My mum said to let her be and she will eat when shes ready. Honestly, shes suuch a diva. :eek:

tapatalking

I changed Michael to Hipp and I've noticed he doesn't take as much of it as he used to take with Aptamil. He'd easily finish an 8oz bottle of Aptamil whereas now he'll take around 6oz of Hipp, sometimes less. I think it's definitely a thicker milk.

Once he got used to it he did up his feeds a little and takes the odd 8oz but seems happier with 6oz xx

I am the opposite, I would struggle to get her to take more than 6oz of Hipp, but now I am on C&G reflux milk she is taking 8oz and wanting more!!

I think maybe Hipp somehow fills them up more?

sounds like a phase shes going through as i know alot of us have struggled with the same issue,how old is she now? if her weight is ok i wouldnt worry,she will eat when shes hungry.what i did when sofia was like this was make smaller bottles up and just fed her when she asked for it,shes never been a milk drinker anyway,max she takes is 5 oz a time x

I got a new phone and cant get peace to learn to use it so hardly been on.

Well....it was either a phase or she wasnt liking the taste of hipp. Whatever it is shes been grand today and ive managed to get her to take every drop and more. Going to try her on 5x7oz tomorrow and see how she goes. Ive also tried giving her the ranitadine at the end of the feed as she bloody hates it andbi think that may be half the battle. Maybe it was leaving a funny taste in her mouth and she didny want to drink??? Anyway, not one bit of sick has come up in a week. Im amazed. Either its hipp or its ranitadine. Dont care which...just so thankful she is still in the same outfit from morning till night. And not 8 changes as before!!

Girls. I love hipp. Xxx

tapatalking

brilliant news,sofia is a real sick bag still but guess we just got to ride it through till she outgrows it,doesnt bother her so im not too worried and shes gaining weight ok.im so pleased youve finally sorted daisy out as i know its so frustrating,they say it takes 2 weeks for any milk change to settle them xx

She continues to do well on the hipp. Im so pleased. Shes taking 35oz per day now and put on 11oz in the 2 weeks since she started hipp. This is the best gain so far. Shes 13lbs 10 oz now and nearly 19 weeks. Following her 25th line perfectly. Hopefully S will outgrow it Michelle. Xxx

tapatalking

I am the opposite, I would struggle to get her to take more than 6oz of Hipp, but now I am on C&G reflux milk she is taking 8oz and wanting more!!

I'm gonna get the anti reflux today, how long would you say it took before you noticed a diff?

The doc prescribed me gaviscone but it's not in the chemist just now and I've to wait. Xxx

I'm gonna get the anti reflux today, how long would you say it took before you noticed a diff?

The doc prescribed me gaviscone but it's not in the chemist just now and I've to wait. Xxx

Anti reflux milk- I'd noticed a difference straight away really but for it to really take effect I'd as a week but you have to allow 2 weeks for the full change in their system. You can only buy it from boots xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back