HiPP Babies

Lou12

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just moved onto HiPP hungry baby as Aptamil just wasn't suiting my LO (sicky and constantly straining). So far (only 3 bottles lol), it seems to be a lot better.

However, reading the preparation instructions for the new "combiotic" formula I was wondering what you ladies did. It says to prepare the bottles with water no hotter than 40 - 50 degrees as any hotter would kill the "friendly bacteria". But both the Department of Health, and the World Health Organization both say that the water needs to be at least 70 degrees in order to kill the bad bacteria. HiPP does have some pat answer that their milk is produced in such a way that it's highly unlikely that bacteria would effect it.

Personally I'd rather kill the good bacteria, than risk LO ingesting some of the bad stuff! So the bottles I've prepared have been the 70 degree way.

What do you ladies do?

xxx

I used HiPP with my LO and just made the bottles up how I did with the previous brands. As you say, better to risk the good bacteria going than have the bad bacteria.

I used HiPP with my LO and just made the bottles up how I did with the previous brands. As you say, better to risk the good bacteria going than have the bad bacteria.

^^wss

Ive used HiPP from day one soive gone from the old one to this new combiotic one & this just shows how ignorant i am because i never noticed it said taht. Ive just carried on making them up the way i always have I also use MAM bottles so i have no choice but to wait the full 30 mins as ive had to clean up so many bottles tha have leaked because of using water that was too hot.

Aila has bever been sick yet if thats any help :p xx

Thanks all :)

Just wanted to add that now after 2 and a half days on HiPP milk - it's doing wonders for Greyson! He's sleeping better, and going longer between bottles - plus he's slept through the night (until 6am yesterday morning and 5am this morning). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just a fluke and this milk actually works for him :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back